• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Build Update/Fuel leak help

Reaction score
So I got the HX35 on, and installed the FTB kit. Overall remarks are that it's a bit peppier, a little smokey, and good on power. However, I've got a small fuel leak. The weird part is that it doesn't leak while running, just when I shut the truck down after running it. As far as I can tell, all of the lines are secure. It's running down the back of the block and dripping a little onto the crossover. Any thoughts on what it could be?

Hose going into the FFM is tight, and the hose going to IP is tight on both ends. Will check return line later today. Could the O-rings possibly be bad? It just seems to leak when there's no constant pressure on the system

I've verified that the lines aren't leaking while it's running. It's just really weird that it's fine while running and under pressure, but as soon as I shut the truck off, it starts leaking

If hoses are good then really only 2 other places for it to leak (under intake) are IP or FFM.
I can't say witch. Id inspect the FFM real good, try putting a paper towel under it and see how wet it gets.
Also an inspection mirror and flashlight is how I find IPs that leak from weep hole.

Seems like you need to haul yourself up in the engine bay and find out the answers to these important questions then. :)

Oh I know. I just don't have the time for it until friday night. Everything is appreciated. I'll let you know once i can get everything apart and have a good look at what's going on. I talked with the guy I bought the ffm from, and he said that it may be the o-ring seals since it sat for awhile.

With a fuel pressure gauge, I see higher pressure after shut down than while running. The LP pumps until oil pressure drops.

Back