• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

BUILD Thread '89 Suburban w/ built 6.2L TD - Big Burb -aka The Beast

My God, that thing sounds great at idle. Odd request: can you get a video outside of it just idling? I love that diesel clatter.

Granny gear first is a good choice indeed. Have you decided on full synthetic and aux cooling for it, or?

Running the correct Castro syncromesh synthetic. I am not running any cooling on it now. I would like to run the smaller cooling heat exchangers on the pto ports in the future. I am curious and hopefully that this trans is in good shape. I bought it used, told it was good but only paid core price. I am fully prepared to pull it and have it rebuilt if it turns out undrivable.

Really nice, I love the outside the box thinking the engine builder used.

One thing I just have to say though is I liked the pics of the way you got the Burb the best.

Beautiful country where you are, no fire damage?

On the lift pump, is that the facet "duralift?"
Those are real popular in the ford idi world.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Really nice, I love the outside the box thinking the engine builder used.

One thing I just have to say though is I liked the pics of the way you got the Burb the best.

Beautiful country where you are, no fire damage?
I could not stand those running boards.

The fire got stopped a little less than 2 miles from my house.

On the lift pump, is that the facet "duralift?"
Those are real popular in the ford idi world.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk
Not sure what facet pump it is. I pulled it off a 6.2l blazer that I purchased and froze the block the 1st night I had it.

Back