• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

bug's wtf can someone please help???

I have read that a spray bottle of water and a dryer sheet is the ticket for getting bugs off. Lightly spray the water on then rub off the bugs with the dryer sheet.

I have read that a spray bottle of water and a dryer sheet is the ticket for getting bugs off. Lightly spray the water on then rub off the bugs with the dryer sheet.

Agreed..

But, I throw a squirt of bug cleaner on the front to pre-soak it. Wait a couple of secounds and then use 2 or 3 used dryer sheets to start scrubbing..

DRYER SHEETS?? The only thing I've ever used those for is getting rid of smoke smell and doing laundry! Never thought to use them on bugs. I just use a 4000PSI Heated pressure washer. They don't stand a chance against that one!

i use bug remover spray, and let it soak and then they come off with either a pressure washer or warm rag

DRYER SHEETS?? The only thing I've ever used those for is getting rid of smoke smell and doing laundry! Never thought to use them on bugs. I just use a 4000PSI Heated pressure washer. They don't stand a chance against that one!

I never would of thought it either. Try it, it works..:D

Duragloss makes a great bug & tar remover. I use it regularly (every wash) on the front end . Safe for the paint. I pre soak it, give it a minute or two to soak, and then wipe (some bugs require a little more elbow grease than others) it all off with a cotton towel...I do this pre washing the truck and then spot clean any tough spots afterwards. Hope this helps.

have not seen the duragloss where do you buy it from.
glad to see you said used dryersheets because i could see my wife if i used new ones but more than likely she will think im retarded when i ask for the used ones ill give it a shot thanks

I buy Duragloss from a local parts store. I don't think Advance or Autozone carry it and I know for fact Wal-Mart doesn't either. Check with your local NAPA or some independent parts stores.

Duragloss home:

Duragloss Car Care Products

The product I'm referring to:

Duragloss Duragloss BR (Bug Remover)

And by posting that link, I just found out you can purchase straight from their site. May have to use that myself.

Back