• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

buddies Pstroke has WIF light on

Foreman00081

Reaction score
my buddy just got a 96 PS and he said the water in filter light is on but he didnt know where the filter is or how to drain it. figured id ask for him over here, anybody know what he should do about it?

The filter is hiding under, if my memory serves me correctly, that black cover on the top of the engine. Under it, there's a round "plug" or plate that twists off revealing the fliter. It's probably best to change it if he's in there. If I had my old one right in front of me, I'd tell you how to do it - but she's long gone :(. Hope this helps.

There is also a valve on the side, think mine is gray, you can open the valve and drain the water out of the bottom without opening the filter top.

i talked to him yesterday and i think he must have found that valve cause he said he opened something and some water/gas drained out. he said the light was still on but i thought maybe it would take a few cycles to clear it, i also suggested that he change the filter cause he just got the truck and doesnt know when it was changed last.

I don't know about the older ones but I know the newer ones have one on top of the engine and one under the cab. The only time I've ever seen one on is in my buddy's 550. I was going to drain it, but he said don't worry about it. He had a plastic bag stuffed in the fill neck. One of his guys lost the cap. There was a couple times I borrowed that thing from him with no fuel in it. The guys just run it dry. One of them told me "Oh don't worry, that thing will buck for a while before it actually quits.

My 1995 PSD has a yellow lever on the bottom of the front passenger's side of the fuel bowl, which is itself underneath that black cover over the engine valley. The light came on right after I bought it, and it took a little bit of driving after draining it to turn it off again. Never come back on since then (6 years and 40k miles later).

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Back