• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Buckstop front bumper tire/rim size?

twinbubba

Reaction score
I am real close to ordering my Buckstop front and rear bumpers. After I wear out the BFG 265/75R16's I have now on stock rims I was wondering if I could fit 18" rims with BFG 285/75R18's on my LMM without having to do any trimming or offset.
If you have a Buckstop on an LMM, what size tire/rims are you running?

TB

I'm sorry but I have to butt in on this thread....

08HD1.jpg

08HD2.jpg

08HD10.jpg

DunesRunner, you could show me a thousand pictures of your bumpers and that won't change my mind. I am sure many people like the looks of IronBull bumpers, I'm just not one of them. I have done a lot of research on replacement bumpers and seen pretty much all the offerings out there and I feel Buckstop best fits my needs for protection, ground clearance and looks.
That is one of the great things about this country :usa: , "Freedom of Choice", but if I am not allowed to freely discuss my personal choice on this forum just say so and I will go elswhere.

TB

true it is his choice Dune runner.

If a banks representative came on here as a dealer he could never get me to buy one of his products.

Not saying I wouldnt buy one of yours. If I was into the whole aftermarket bumper scene I probably would.

to each his own. Lets not let this thread get heated so that I dont have to go deleting posts.

Its cool. to each his own...Im not pissed...I just didn't think he knew about the product...some people like the redneck RanchHand style. Who am I to tell people what they have to buy? I agree totally, If a skyjacker rep came on here, I'd still never buy his stuff.

I'll even post the pic for buckstop... The ground clearance difference is only about 1 inch

MarBlky010_l.jpg

This one has less ground clearance then mine....

Chevy%202007y008_l.jpg

Just so you know...my competitors products don't scare me, what is business without competition. As long as you aren't buying a RA i could care less if you prefer someone else's product.

Its cool. to each his own...Im not pissed....

Well I'm pissed................I just realized what a GRUMPY old man I have become :eyebrows: . Sad, so sad!!!! :D

I agree with you on a couple of points, I wouldn't have an RA, AP, RH, BFD, TDK, F4, ARB etc. etc.

No, my mind is made up, BS or nothing. :lalala:

TB

P.S. Can anyone answer my original question, whatever it was?

Well to answer you question, I'd at least do a leveling kit...ready lift makes a very nice one thats inexpensive. The 285's won't rub on the bumper, but they may rub on the body. They leveling kit will ensure that that doesn't happen. But depending on the brand, you may get lucky since no tires are exact on the measurements.

So for informative sake, not argumentative....what do you like about the BS bumper over mine? In all seriousness...

I like the fact that I can keep my tow hooks. I don't like the look of the shackles hanging off your bumpers. Maybe it's just because I'm an old fart but to me IB, RA and AP look like someone cut the front off of an amphibious assult vehicle and stuck it on a truck. RH looks like someone ran into an iron gate and it stuck to the front of the truck.
Many people don't like the boxy look of the BS rear bumper but this old man likes it because it looks like a truck bumper and I believe I will still be able to use my AMP-Research bed step with the BS rear bumper. I think the bed step would look way out of place on a rear bumper that slopes up like your rear bumper.
I'm not trying to make my truck look MEAN, I am trying to protect it from idiot drivers, get the ground clearance I need without lifting the truck and protect it from a deer impact which I nearly experienced a couple of weeks ago.

So those are my reasons for picking BS bumpers for my truck over other manufacturers offerings. To each their own.

TB

So for informative sake, not argumentative....what do you like about the BS bumper over mine? In all seriousness...
Dunesrunner,
Attached is a pic of my truck. If you or anybody else would make a bumper that kept the "streety" look, but gave me the durability of a big winch bumper, I would buy one for the front and back in a heartbeat. Here in the Midwest, you don't see very many trucks with a winch and I don't really want a gorilla hanging off the front of my truck. I would love to buy after-market bumpers, but I'm not gonna settle for something that I don't like either.

IMO, if you make a bumper that is not quite so imposing, with a few more smooth edges, that looks good on a leveled and not just a lifted truck......
I would be the first of many I believe that you would call a customer.:):beer:

Dunesrunner,
Attached is a pic of my truck. If you or anybody else would make a bumper that kept the "streety" look, but gave me the durability of a big winch bumper, I would buy one for the front and back in a heartbeat. Here in the Midwest, you don't see very many trucks with a winch and I don't really want a gorilla hanging off the front of my truck. I would love to buy after-market bumpers, but I'm not gonna settle for something that I don't like either.

IMO, if you make a bumper that is not quite so imposing, with a few more smooth edges, that looks good on a leveled and not just a lifted truck......

Very well said roosky, I really don't need a winch bumper either but as you so eloquently put it no one makes a decent looking heavy duty bumper that isn't designed to hide a winch and doesn't look like something out of the movie Mad Max, IMHO. I have purchased the bumper that suits my taste and needs best considering what is being offered on the market.

TB

exactly. I want a bulletproof bumper that looks completely stock. Granted it would cost a lot to make.

Around here all of the farmers have DMI bumpers coupled with the cushion hitches. Those things are indestructable.

Dunesrunner,

X3 i dont have a lifted truck so im looking for a bumper that is tuff but doesnt make the rest of the truck look small

Back