• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Brutus Turbo and Cooling upgrade

Reaction score
well I got the PRD HX35 on Brutus, I also put in a new Delphi Radiator, AC Delco 195 thermostats and replaced every coolant hose, The Turbo is a very nice piece the first thing I noticed was when you reach in and spin it, it just keeps spinning very free and no play at all, seat of the pants feels real close to the HX40II so far so good, I just wanted everything new in the cooling system for towing

I wish you had an ATT to run for about a month so we could really know which turbo is best (All Around) for our application.

Pros and cons of each, side by side, documented from the same "Truck" would be some great info for posterity's sake in 6.5 history...

I wish you had an ATT to run for about a month so we could really know which turbo is best (All Around) for our application.

Pros and cons of each, side by side, documented from the same "Truck" would be some great info for posterity's sake in 6.5 history...

Why not send a hx40 to 6.5l in wyoming to test with the dyno. He already has both A Team Turbos and we have base gm numbers with a gm 3 that would be a good test. Been super busy and not here much lately. Family/ friends business.

Why not send a hx40 to 6.5l in Wyoming to test with the dyno. He already has both A Team Turbos and we have base gm numbers with a gm 3 that would be a good test. Been super busy and not here much lately. Family/ friends business.

Dennis, Funny you said that.....as I just finished reading 6.5L "Dyno Thread".........Pretty Impressive to say the least, big housing, small housing, etc.

Stock engine with NO tune (I believe) and he is at 260 HP (At the rear wheels) and 397 Tq......That's about an additional 57 more horses than GM gave us, and quite a substantial Torque increase just from adding the ATT.....Not even mentioning the 20mpg he is getting with his hand-shaker................................VERY IMPRESSIVE for a single bolt on mod, ;) on a stock truck!

YES, I think you are right.....and if I had the means to send him the HX40II, I would.....He'd be the perfect candidate to compare the two.

And again Kudos to you, Tim and all that did so much R and D to get the ATT out to us.

Bruce, waiting anxiously for some numbers and from what I've seen so far I'm sure they will be Very Impressive as well.

Dennis, Funny you said that.....as I just finished reading 6.5L "Dyno Thread".........Pretty Impressive to say the least, big housing, small housing, etc.

Stock engine with NO tune (I believe) and he is at 260 HP (At the rear wheels) and 397 Tq......That's about an additional 57 more horses than GM gave us, and quite a substantial Torque increase just from adding the ATT.....Not even mentioning the 20mpg he is getting with his hand-shaker................................VERY IMPRESSIVE for a single bolt on mod, ;) on a stock truck!

YES, I think you are right.....and if I had the means to send him the HX40II, I would.....He'd be the perfect candidate to compare the two.

And again Kudos to you, Tim and all that did so much R and D to get the ATT out to us.

Bruce, waiting anxiously for some numbers and from what I've seen so far I'm sure they will be Very Impressive as well.

I think since he has the basis for a true comparison it would be an excellent choice for the dyno numbers. He and his father know vehicles as well. So I would be comfortable with the results. As an added bonus he has fuel mileage data as well.

Very impressive numbers indeed.. I also would like to see a comparison between the 40II and the ATT on this truck as I think it would be a true unbiased / manipulated comparison with a good base engine.

I would be game to test it. Im not sure how quick it would be since I am starting work soon but its possible. And the turbo wasnt just the only modification between dyno runs from the GM to the ATT. I also added a set of 2300psi pop German Bosch injectors. May not account for much and just saying. And I am not running a tune. It is a mechanical motor haha I do have added fuel but no "tune" is possible

If only people knew how little difference there is between the hx40II and the att.

There are fairly significant differences between them, housing sizes (area and footprint), radius, wastageted and not, wheels can be quite different, anti-surge housing and not, intake input flange size, exhaust exit connection type and size. I have them both.

There are fairly significant differences between them, housing sizes (area and footprint), radius, wastageted and not, wheels can be quite different, anti-surge housing and not, intake input flange size, exhaust exit connection type and size. I have them both.

Have you had both of them on your truck?

Havent run the HX40WII yet, need to figure out the air intake setup and busier working on two of our other vehicles and replacing all of the front end suspension bushings and engine mounts in the truck.

You are correct, there are significant differences... externally. Internally, not as much difference as most people think. I have seen the att. I thought it would be some cool turbo. Turns out it's a holset with a huge exhaust housing and small compressor.

You are correct, there are significant differences... externally. Internally, not as much difference as most people think. I have seen the att. I thought it would be some cool turbo. Turns out it's a holset with a huge exhaust housing and small compressor.

Then you have not seen an ATT because it is a Mitsubishi copy with some slight changes. This was all well documented in quite a few threads here. BIG difference between Mitsubishi design wheels, housings and the way they do there wheel designs.

Back