• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Broken Spindle

btfarm

America First!
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Broke the spindle on my Ford2000 tractor tonight while mowing on the hillside. It's buried in the ground good (downhill side). I've got an emergency one I welded so I can get to the shop but it's gonna be real hard to get the damn thing up in the air enough to change it out.:mad2: It wouldn't be hard if the bucket wasn't off for mowing (so it's less stress on the spindle...:nonod:)
Just thought I'd post this for the hell of it...

I had that problem with my belarus,broke spindles on a regulair basis,i welded them up a couple times,new ones where over 250 pop a piece.That gets old real quik.
I finally put a Cockshutt 1850 wheatland front axle under it,that is 20 yrs ago,it's proven to be indestructable.

So I finally got it repaired with a new spindle purchased from New Holland for $175. Here's a pic of the broken Chinese one I paid $85 for a couple of years ago next to the new one. They may look alot alike but sure aren't! The savings aren't worth the hassle. I had done the same thing with the other side a while back. You get what you pay for. Not to mention the safety issue.

Attachments

• Spindles.jpg
    Spindles.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 2
The original ones lasted a good 20 years and I work the dog shit out of that loader tractor (see bucket extension). Actually it's an ag tractor with an industrial loader and then I mow REAL rough hillsides (without the bucket) too.

Attachments

• Ford 2000.jpg
    Ford 2000.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 2
Yea,i got to admit you don't baby it by the looks of that rear counterweight and chains:D

I was just as bad though on my loader tractor,but i got a real machine now for the grunt work...AC 940 wheel loader;)

Back