• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

brake

matuva

Tropical 6.5er
Reaction score
New Caledonia. An island in south west pacific, cl
Hi,

I'm looking for ordering parts to do maintenance on rear brakes and replace shoes, wheel cylinder , etc...

I thought it should be an easy task to locate the parts...

So when I looked at the online catalogs, I discover that for a 1996 chevy truck, they sell 3 kinds of brake shoes :

REAR; 4WD; Pickup; with 10" x 2.24" ;
or
REAR; 4WD; with 11.16" x 2.75"
or
Rear; 11-5/32 x 2-3/4" Brake

I feel a bit lost

Anybody knows what kind of shoes I should buy for a 1996 K1500 (mine in signature), or at least, how can I fix wich one I need without having to part out the rear brakes?
Seems to be the same mess for whell cylinders and so...
VIN says I get a Heavy Duty chassis

Thanks.

I believe that the bottom 2 brakes you list are the same if you convert them. 11-5/32" = 11.156" 2-3/4" = 2.75". If you have HD chassis, they are the ones.

Last edited:
Are you ordering on line, or are you picking up local? If you are getting them from your local auto parts store, just ask if they have them all in stock. If they do, then when you pull yours off, just go in and match them up. IF you happen to be doing the brakes after hours, take a guess, and bring them home. If they don't fit, then you'll have to return them and get the right ones. If you give them lots of business and bring them food and stuff, they'll be your best buddies, and probably wouldn't mind if you bought a couple of sets to see what fit, and returned the rest. Just make sure you return them right away, so they don't replenish their inventory.
Don't forget to write down which ones your truck takes, and put it in your owner's manual for next time.

Back