• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Brake issues 98

If I am following you correctly, You will have to use a sealant inside the sleeve - like a speedy sleeve or it will leak. I recently had a NEW bad seal on the 98 Suburban. I'm really hating the new crappy parts that seem to be so prevalent anymore

If I am following you correctly, You will have to use a sealant inside the sleeve - like a speedy sleeve or it will leak. I recently had a NEW bad seal on the 98 Suburban. I'm really hating the new crappy parts that seem to be so prevalent anymore
Nope,i used a lick of oil, the "sleeve" is rubberized in the ID and fits tightly over the slip ring were the old seal lip used to ride on the axle stub.
So in a nutshell the outer half is locked in the hub, the inner half is held stationary to the axle and the actual sealing is midway.
It comes in one piece and can't be taken apart, instal it in the hub and slide the drum/hub assembly on the axle stub as usuall, use the big ring nut to force the seal home, then adjust for proper bearing preload

Get the larger rear brake cylinders from the 3500 dually. They're like $5 from Rock Auto. Also change the proportioning valve. Installed the Raybestos R300 slotted rotors and I got much firmer brake pedal.

I personally think bison have place a curse on your truck; they want to live.

Got a PART NUMBER FOR THAT?

Nope,i used a lick of oil, the "sleeve" is rubberized in the ID and fits tightly over the slip ring were the old seal lip used to ride on the axle stub.
So in a nutshell the outer half is locked in the hub, the inner half is held stationary to the axle and the actual sealing is midway.
It comes in one piece and can't be taken apart, instal it in the hub and slide the drum/hub assembly on the axle stub as usuall, use the big ring nut to force the seal home, then adjust for proper bearing preload

Is your vent tube clear? That gets blocked by crud then the axle seals are usually where the pressure "vents"... along with your gear oil.

Back