• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Brake Flush?

saratoga

Unpaid Help
Reaction score
When the dealer does a brake flush, shouldn't that entail opening the bleeders at all four corners?

Going to bring the truck in to talk with dealer tomorrow. I'm slightly pissed.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Looks awfully dry down there to have been flushed...but it is possible that they hosed it down with brake clean or used a tube over the bleeder so there was no mess...just a thought. :)

I call bs, but i bet they will say they cleaned it. Cleanest bleed job in the world, call Ripley's. :icon_bs:

Here's the skinny:

Last Sat, I went back to Autoway and had them correct the alignment that they messed up since the wheel was off center by about 1/8 turn. Wasn't happy, and I made that known but I didn't come across as a pissed off jerk ranting and raving. Asked what kind of machine they use to do the brake flush with... they told me it's a BG machine that performs some push-pull deal from the master cylinder and eliminates the need to open the bleeders at the calipers. "It collapses the calipers and pulls the contaminated fluid back to the master cylinder" they told me. Not agreeing with this, I just told them oh, okay and had them correct the alignment. In my mind, I know that's BS because how can you collapse 8 caliper pistons by sucking on the plastic master cylinder resivor without it caving in???

Monday, I went to James-Rivard GMC which is closer to my house and paid them $35 for a brake inspection. I told them what I had just paid another shop to do and specifically asked whether or not it was possible to flush the fluid as described above and if it looked as if the service was performed. No to both counts. They cracked the bleeder on the LF caliper while I was standing there and nasty dark fluid came out, the opposite of what is in the resivor. We left it at that, and they put on my invoice "brake flush recommended".

I've called and spoken to the GM of the Autoway dealer and he wants me to come in next Monday so that he can be a part of the discussion that I plan to have with the service manager. He also told me not to fill out any customer satisfaction surveys until they have the chance to talk with me in person. Can you say CYA???

Bottom line: I very nearly got taken and the saga is to be continued...

This should be interesting, keep us informed. Ask them to show you their "majic" machine that sucks the brake fluid out past all of valves in the ABS module, and doesn't collapse a rubber brake line.

They are very lucky they did not tell me that line of bull****. I would have been stomping some heads. I hate peace of **** dealers. Wonder how many other people they took for brake flushes. You should contact the better buisness buero (SP) and let them know about this.

I hope it works out for you saratoga. Ive never heard of this being done, how often should we flush our brake lines? Sorry to go off topic..

i used to rebuild and fix those"bg machines" you were talkin about. either the tech is really stupid or he is full of shiit... every time i used those machines on my rigs i had to crack all 4 bleeders. machine does all the work for you but you HAVE to open the bleeders. i have never heard of a BG machine that can pull the fluid out of a single direction line without causing some sort of vacuum. not doable, like you said, without collapsing the reservoir, or at least opening the bleeder, which will show fluid.

as far as it being clean, i used to put a hose over the screw to catch the fluid. it caught the majority of it but there was still a little residual left on the dust sheilds..... liike you said, looks too clean to have been opened...

hope you get it worked out. let us know.

Back