• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Borg Warner T-Case Leaks when parked nose down

Matt Bachand

Depends on the 6.5
Reaction score
It seems the output shaft (where front driveshaft goes) has a leak. When parked nose down i get drips.

When replacing a ujoint i removed front d-shaft, and cleaned the piss out of my xfer case to start diagnosing the leak.

When blowing it clean and dry with compressed air the yoke where the front driveshaft ujoin bolts too would keep getting wet, and not blow dry like the rest of it, so I assume thats where my leak is coming from.

Now there is a large bolt over 1" there, and when i move the yoke back and forth, I have maybe 1/16-1/8" of movement where the yoke is NOT moving that nut underneath.

Is that bolt not tight enough? or Is it bottomed out and the seal has worn a little causing the leak and the dead space?

I figured I'd ask about it more before I went tinkering with it.

What is involved, and how yard to replace that seal in there?

Wish my digital camera wasn't stolen, I'd show pix. The underside of my rig is looking better than the top lately!!! TLC goes along way.

Now to clean up some leaks.

Thanks for the help here guys, I sincerely appreciate your time to help.

Back