• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Blue paper towel

My approach to this blue paper towel problem would be to drink and go for it. That has accomplished much for me in life, including my wife.
My friend, I met you and your wife. I think she did the drinking the night you popped the question! Hahaha

throw in the towel- flippin hilarious!!!

@RD400HP
Once this towel thing is in the rear view mirror- ABSOLUTELY add a turbo. And an egt gauge. Turn up the fuel screw 1/8 -1/4 turn depending if you want a chunk more power or just more mpg. The longer engine life comes with either option.

My 1995 Hummer is a good example. 10,000 lbs brick wall on wheels. I timed my 0-60, and constantly drove foot to floor trying to keep with traffic, my freeway speed is same on the same hiways I drive around on for over 30 years now.

I cranked up fuel screw 1/4 turn, maybe more. Went from n/a to gm6 turbo which I knew was too small but easy install and priced right.

When I accelerate at the same 0-60, my fuel mileage went up from 10 mpg-12, even to 13.
When I mash my foot on the floor like I normally did before (and still do when not wanting to save fuel) it gets to freeway speed in 25% less time.
On long hills or towing- way better from overheating situation.

The engine works so much harder without a turbo.

My friend, I met you and your wife. I think she did the drinking the night you popped the question! Hahaha

@RD400HP
Once this towel thing is in the rear view mirror- ABSOLUTELY add a turbo. And an egt gauge. Turn up the fuel screw 1/8 -1/4 turn depending if you want a chunk more power or just more mpg. The longer engine life comes with either option.

My 1995 Hummer is a good example. 10,000 lbs brick wall on wheels. I timed my 0-60, and constantly drove foot to floor trying to keep with traffic, my freeway speed is same on the same hiways I drive around on for over 30 years now.

I cranked up fuel screw 1/4 turn, maybe more. Went from n/a to gm6 turbo which I knew was too small but easy install and priced right.

When I accelerate at the same 0-60, my fuel mileage went up from 10 mpg-12, even to 13.
When I mash my foot on the floor like I normally did before (and still do when not wanting to save fuel) it gets to freeway speed in 25% less time.

More than just drinking. It did involve my boat going in endless circles around Newport Harbor, a meal of swordfish and fine Chateau Montelegna Chardonnay X2. The rest I cannot say other than finally a yes.

@RD400HP

When I first bought it Will that was my plan to go with a turbo but after awhile I lost interest in doing the turbo and decided just to change the intake and get rid of the EGR valve and do the Feed the Beast mod and maybe a cold air filter system , I don't know maybe I'm just wasting my money on what I'm going to do but I already bought all the Feed the Beast stuff I just never got around to doing it. I bought a 03 Chevy awd van brand new and that pretty much took care of all my needs for a truck but it sits parked now because my frame rusted out on it and only after 45K miles and I really liked my van it did just about everything I wanted it to do .So now my Jeep Commander can't cut it for larger items like my truck tires so I need a pickup again so I have to dig the GMC out of mothballs and start working on it again.

Mark

The egr and ftb I agree with. The cold air isn’t gonna make any real difference. Tried that route in the hot dry desert and it didn’t effect it any to speak of here anyways. Maybe where you can pull in moisture with it it will. Not to say heat doesn’t wreck it- 60° is way more happy engine than 120°. But comparing a 60° drop is like 1psi boost, maybe 2 psi at best.

And if you don’t put on enough miles on to justify a turbo- no worries. Just know that if you do start putting on any descent mileage- a proper turbo will pay for itself.

I could drink and go for it, only problem being, when I drink I break out in a bad rash. Its so bad that they install hand cuffs on Me.
Big O~L rash a 💩 😹😹😹😹😹😹
I second that!!😊
Couple stiff drinks.r..a few disagreements with these nice guys that had funny looking little pieces of medal on there chests that just insisted I go with them...they really won't take no for an answer....then they get butt hurt when I just leave and they chase me all over the county... 🤔... Wonder why they want me to come to there place so bad..lol

Back