• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

blowing 30 amp fuse when starting

Bobman

Reaction score
2 days ago truck ( 2007 chev silverado 2500 HD 6.6 diesel) started instantly like normal then in afternoon it clicked and needed a boost, next morning it started perfectly then in afternoon same issue and got another boost. Today in the afternoon it was totally dead and I mean nothing, no dinging no interior lights absolutely nothing.....got someone to boost and it clicked a few times then next time a pop or soundled like spark and again absolutely nothin even connected to other truck. The post 1 fuse 30 amp was blown so got couple more and then tried starting and barely clicks but once I connected jumper cables same pop and nothing..... the batteries are pretty new and installed last March 2019. I can't find anything showing what could be the culprit. Any suggestions

Disconnect and clean battery cable connections. Sounds like poor connection somewhere and not getting battery charged. Then the high draw causes arc for connection when starting. After couple of those it overloads the fuse. Most often at the battery is issue but once in a while it is the starter end.

Back