• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Blow by question

I can definitely do that.. I'll get up to my aunt and uncle this coming weekend.. Aunt Sarah makes all her own preserves and jams still...

Try the 1” shorter belt (100” I think) first and then drop down another half size if you have to. I wound up having to use a 99.5” belt I think it was

Hmmm... I honestly don't remember which one of us noticed it... The one on the driver side was still full of coolant... So it's full of coolant at the top and bone dry at the bottom...not good...beer time...clays dad shows up.. his philosophy.. something's pluging the bastard.. whatever it is has to come out..

many thanks to all you guys who have been trying to help me .. I've never seen anything like that in my life.. on the flip side.. now everything that can go wrong has already been fixed LOL

This is the difference between a parts-changer and a mechanic. The mechanic looks things over and is asking "Why are we having this problem? Did this part for sure fail? Is this going to solve the problem?" In other words taking the time to "Do it right the first time." Rather than "making time to do it over" later.

The "You can't make this shit up!" is followed only by luck of the condition being bad enough to catch.

A blowby test and looking for "huffing" out the oil fill tube is a good idea. We don't know how hot this side of the engine got and getting hot with "shock cooling" from the clog moving around may have done extensive damage. Example in the carnage thread. I hope there isn't any damage, but, test for it so you know what to expect of the truck/engine.

I bought a 100 in.... But within two days it's stretched out drastically to wear my tensioner is at full extension.... And a 99.5 is just a tad too tight to where I can't get it under the tensioner to put it on

I was thinking about rigging something up to hang the 99.5 belt with some weight on it for a couple days to make it stretch a tiny bit so I can get it under the tensioner...Because I know once it's on the truck it's going to stretch out once it gets hot

BTW to any of y'all who remember all the braking problems I was having...the truck always felt like I was pulling a trailer even when I wasn't.. brakes always felt like they were dragging.. or like they were adjusted too tight..even though nothing was wrong with them... It was driving me nuts..
The rocket scientist engineers of modern day had struck again... With this fancy thing called hydro boost.. connecting the brake system to the steering system...
I guess in theory it it was supposed to be a good idea cuz it eliminates some vacuum stuff... But let's go with practical thinking from country boy mechanics point of view... Brakes don't work right we check brake system... Nothing wrong with brake system.. maybe we drink too much the night before..lol..
Come to find out my power steering pump was shot... Which is weird because the steering felt fine.. a little stiff but I figured that was cuz of the tires Im running....nope...
I met a guy who told me his friend had the exact same problem with his truck which was pretty similar to mine.. they work on the brake system for months and could not fix the problem... Then one day is power steering finally failed... Put a new pump in it.. and his brakes miraculously worked like a dream.. go figure.. so I went to buy a pump, put it in (after some redneck engineering since they changed some designs).. now the brakes work great.. and the truck no longer feels like it's dragging.. and feels like it has a bunch more power.. of course that's just because it's not being held back..
Just figured I'd give an update in case anybody has a problem with theirs

😀yup.. that's what involved the aftermarket engineering..lol.. of course if I hadn't been 9:30 at night I could have just gotten a high pressure hose for a 96 and not had to do all the engineering work.. since from what I've been told they did not have the Evo on them...

I like the idea of trying to prestretch a belt. They do tend to stretch some after just a little running.

Belts, hoses, and brakes should be high-quality parts IMO (don't skimp).

The 22105 part no. comes up as a radiator hose on my searches.

I have used Gates Fleetrunner belts with some success. They are supposed to be heavy duty with Kevlar threads.
(Hard to recommend parts anymore as a brand recommendation is time sensitive)

Also, for best results really clean all the pulley's especially the grooved ones with a degreaser, brush, and brake cleaner.

Belts are always a tad annoying trying to get the best length. IIRC the K061010HD (101.06") is a tad long.

Attachments

• fleetrunner-belts.PNG
    fleetrunner-belts.PNG
    23 KB · Views: 3
I might regret asking this ...what is that E.v.o supposed to do anyhow.?? I ask Because I don't really notice anything different in the way the truck drives with it off

E.V.O. stands for Electronically Variable Orifice. This component is controlled by an electronic control module that reduces fluid pressure from the power steering pump to the steering gear at highway speeds. Improved high speed handling and road feel is the result.

Is that a 100.5" belt? I need shorter after the vac delete.
Nope, that's not even a belt part number...lower Radiator Hose...Boy do I feel stupid, looked at the wrong part tag stuck to the wall and I'm now out of town for the next few days. You're on your own boys.

I bought a 100 in.... But within two days it's stretched out drastically to wear my tensioner is at full extension.... And a 99.5 is just a tad too tight to where I can't get it under the tensioner to put it on

Do you have the Gates Part # for a 99.5" belt?

I don't have the part number for Gates because nobody around here seems to be able to get it... I ended up getting one made by Continental... After fighting with a 100 inch and a 99.8 they both had my tensioner at full extension within a day or two,... A friend and I finally wrestled on the 99.5 we actually had to pry it on because it was so tight... I'm going to check it today and see if it has stretched out like the others did.. if it did then I need to figure out what else is wrong causing it

Back