• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Block Identification

coxpn2

coxpn2
Reaction score
Anyone know who made or where this block came from? I posted it over on DP, but nobody was able to track it down...
Any thoughts, ideas? It has a broken crank (haven't flipped it over yet to see how bad the damage is).

I can't post all of the pics, so I'll try and add them below...

Attachments

• Photo Dec 04, 7 55 37 PM.jpg
    Photo Dec 04, 7 55 37 PM.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Photo Dec 04, 7 52 17 PM.jpg
    Photo Dec 04, 7 52 17 PM.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 22
I have a pic of text inside the bell housing, but I can't post the pic for some reason. So this thread is kinda useless without it... any ideas why I can only upload 2 pics?

It looks drilled for a center mount turbo with a cover over it. Does it have 6.2 D on the passenger side front of the block?

Let me us know how she runs if you get her screwed together. Bostic motors is just about 3-4hrs from me. It would be nice to have a local source for 6.5 blocks and heads. Could drive over and keep the shipping charge in the bank... er fuel tank!

I don't know if they really come from Brazil or not, AFAIK, Brazilian plants produce a V6 ethanol engine for the local c/k, haven't ever heard of Brazilian 6.5l diesel V8.

I have sourced 6.5l block in China which look exactely as your picture... Chines doesn't mean bad though.

I emailed them, they said it is not theirs. "Does not looks like our markings"

It looks drilled for a center mount turbo with a cover over it. Does it have 6.2 D on the passenger side front of the block?

I don't think so. I looked it over pretty good, and the number on the block (below the head) and inside the bell housing is all I find.
Bell housing has the following text: (still can't post picture)
DJ-V8
TL-1
07-03-16
03-03

Well, I could be wrong... There could possibly be other companies out there using these same castings, but from their Ebay ad, I see the DJ-V8 and the TL-1 (which was present in your pics from the other post).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-5-L-6-5L-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2580ab9bcb&vxp=mtr

I, personally would NOT use anything but a GEP casting.. They are a KNOWN quality and casting.. GM castings are known as well, thin and brittle (time bomb's).. the Dong Jong-V8 castings are UN-known, but most likely are of Asian decent regardless of Bostic claiming they are poured / macined in Canada.

Well I'll be.... it does appear that that the bell housing markings are the same. Did not catch that before.

Wonder why they didn't claim it as their own? I don't think I mentioned the crank was broken, so that shouldn't have spooked them :)

Alot of the problem will be, The Chinese will copy a casting (looks wise) exactly. They will reporduce logos, dates, markings...ect. Its a big problem in oil field valves aswell.

Back