• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bizzare nonstart

Thanks ak diesel driver. I'll contact the folks that tuned my PCM, and see what they can do. I'm nearly 100% convinced that this security system is the problem. I'll tell all what happens.

Their IS a fuel rated clear hose about any hardware store will have hanging on the rack... it's 'lawn mower" fuel line, comes in a couple sizes and maybe 12-18" long for a couple bucks, stays soft for many years, if y'all want I will but a few packs, charge 5X the cost plus charge shipping, just let me know how many packs you want...
I always keep some of that here. Never knew how long it would hold up to bio diesel00

Their IS a fuel rated clear hose about any hardware store will have hanging on the rack... it's 'lawn mower" fuel line, comes in a couple sizes and maybe 12-18" long for a couple bucks, stays soft for many years, if y'all want I will but a few packs, charge 5X the cost plus charge shipping, just let me know how many packs you want...
I have 5 boxes of fuel line here. 3/16 yellow & 1/4" kind of opaque gas line. - Bought around mid to late 90's or early 2000. Back when Alcohol was eating all the old gas lines.

And 1/4", 5/16 and 3/8" that was good for bio diesel, bought when Greg posted the link. That was a bit before the bio fuel line was readily available. Even the local truck stops didn't have it yet.

It all seems to be in good condition and seems to last when I use it.

I thought maybe there was a specail clear biodiesel line available.

Nobody here is going to check the return line every couple years to see what it looks like. You can see if there are bubbles with that kind of opaque line - How long do you think that 20 year old line would hold up to bio diesel?

I saw the 96 Suburban last weekend for a few minutes for the first time in a couple of months. Forgot to check the oil. HAd well issues on my mind.

Back