• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

biodiesel

Duramaxx04

Reaction score
anyone use or used biodiesel??
anyone make it??
i am considering building a setup i am kinda just looking for opinons and info

i also saw a porduct on TV the other day it is a chemical that you pour into the WVO and you just mix the tow together and it is suppose to makes bio
the whole setup was just a couple hundred

Thats not to bad. The setups I've seen are pretty expensive. Nobody sells bio around here in the sticks...

Texas is a good place to run bio. Then again its not at the same time.

Down there your closer to the coast so fuel is cheaper and bio is more expensive.

But you dont have to worry about gelling.

Most kits are a few thousand. Make sure you can get WVO. THats the reason why I didnt do it. I couldnt get WVO cause a big company was biuying it.

If you plan on using soybean oil, yur wasting time and money.

Just change your fueel filter after the first two tanks and then slowly go back to the original intervals.

Has anyone had any luck with making bio diesel? Me and a buddy are looking into starting to make our own.

I ran 5% to 20% all last summer and was pleased with its performance. Same MPG until they started winter blend, then winter blend petro to winter blend bio I noticed 2mpg drop.

so can you run b20 one day then run diesel the next or run b5 one day then diesel. Im thinking about it are there any performance differents, mpg, filters clogging etc... anything i should be worried about?

EDIT: i found a place by me i just called them up and they said it's $4.50 a gallon for B20:doh:

Running bio on a older truck that has run petro for a long time, you may have problems with clogging filters for a while. Petro fuel builds up a film on the inside of the tank, and bio fuel acts like a solvent and cleans the tank, that why they clog the filter. Your truck is probably new enough it shouldn't clog any filters.

hello all im new to the site and i have seen the product your talkin about diesel secret. i read somewhere that you have to mix it with either gas or kerosene and other things. it isn't just a quick use and has to be heated also like regular bio. my friend lives in Seneca sc. and he get bio up their ,jt is willie nelson biodiesel, and like the one guy said diesel secret hAS snake oil written all over it

Bio is always more money.

You can switch between the two every other tank or so after the initial cleaning of the fuel system.

So basically run B20 for a couple thousand miles or so since you truck is an 07. Then it should be past the rapid cleaning stages.

Then you can alternate between the two just fine. I would still change filters at 10K just for peace of mind, they arent that expensive.

so bio diesel is good to run in diesel at least a couple times a year cause it helps to clean everything out?

I wouldnt do that. Then your just needlessly plugging filters.

If your gonna alternate do it every other fill up otherwise if you cant commit to it dont use it.

Its like synthetic oil, once you start your not supposed to go back. Although Biodiesel doesnt have the sever withdrawl syndromes.

I make and use biodiesel and I also make the processors. It works well and saves money. It also cleans the fuel line and smooths the engine noise down.

I make and use biodiesel and I also make the processors. It works well and saves money. It also cleans the fuel line and smooths the engine noise down.

What type of system do you use?

this is the product that i was speaking of earlier
Diesel Secret Energy - Alternative Biofuel Biodiesel

what are your thoughts?

Stay away, well document other places that this place/site is a SCAM. As a matter of fact run the other way.
I have use B20 , found it in a home heating oil business in Long Island, stuff was clean, clean and ran great in my 08(ryhme).

You can due it two ways, buy a kit to run WVO (just filtered waste oil)( not for new trucks just yet) and and will void your warranty in a GM anything over B5(5percent bio)(and yes I took my chances)
And to be even more confusing BIO is waste oil or feedstock that has has all the glyrecin and water taken out thru tranesterification(think I spelled it right)
To make this at home, you need a source of oil,
And there some places selling a maker($8000) which basically you dump the oil and some chemicals in and 24 hrs later have 40 gal of B100. There much cheaper ways of making it but there is SCIENCE involved.:focus:
I actually went and suscribed to BIODIESEL magazine and it seems there is Hope out there besides Obama.
Hope this helps.

We are going to start producing it. We drive way to much to keep paying $4.00 a gallon. We figured it would be a good money maker too here in phoenix.

Back