• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bio D a bust.....

Drago

Reaction score
Bio D a bust..... But I'm making great laundry soap. So far not counting the initial investment of approximately 500 $ I have yet to save money by running B100, I had to change three fuel filters and drop a tank, then use some hillbilly engineering to put my truck back on the road. I would of been ahead of the game by throwing the BioD out and keeping the glycerine to make soap. Tide goes for $20 a gallon and I make more effective soap at about 1-2 dollars a gallon.

Try B50 or less than B100. I suspect you have the same issues I did with high glycerine in the fuel. Also the Meth just eats hoes and tanks.

I am behind on running bio after I had issues and near break even without issues. I went through 3500 gal in one year without trouble. But when the bugs hit it cost a small fortune in parts. Labor wasn't all free, but, took a lot of my time. Least I am good at dropping tanks now...

Many people have great luck with the process of making biodiesel. Maybe something was just a little off with the process? I just got done running 3 tanks of biodiesel through my Duramax. No problems at all. I do this just before I do my yearly maintenance of changing all fluids and filters. The filters did not even get gunked up with anything. They were clean inside.

I may have had previous problems in hiding before I started, but I don't think I'm going to have any problems with the plastic chemical tank, I just have to figure out how to pretty it up/hide it some how. I haven't given up up yet

havent run full bio in my 03 , but run it religously in mtrhome. no issues. 7.3 international non turbo. . am getting 29 mpg on 50/50 blend in duramax.2 wheel drive 2500 hd

I may have had previous problems in hiding before I started, but I don't think I'm going to have any problems with the plastic chemical tank, I just have to figure out how to pretty it up/hide it some how. I haven't given up up yet

Prior issues is what the bio supplier tried to tell me too. Then the State of AZ went in and shut them down for a few days until they could pass ASTM testing for their fuel. Water in the fuel left over it their totes helped bug growth.

Again some things do not react well to bio and others react worse to fuel that is a little 'off' spec. The metal tank lining on older trucks appears to come off with bio where the newer plastic tanks don't care.

havent run full bio in my 03 , but run it religously in mtrhome. no issues. 7.3 international non turbo. . am getting 29 mpg on 50/50 blend in duramax.2 wheel drive 2500 hd

29mpg with a Dmax? Im not into the Dmax world, but that # seems way high especialy on a blend as Bio has less BTU. Also welcome to TTS forums.

Bio vs WVO? I'll take WVO everytime (atleast here in south Texas climates)

29mpg with a Dmax? Im not into the Dmax world, but that # seems way high especialy on a blend as Bio has less BTU. Also welcome to TTS forums.

Bio vs WVO? I'll take WVO everytime (atleast here in south Texas climates)

He must be using that Monster Diesel stuff for the extra power and mpg's. :lmao:

Welcome to the Forum! :welcome3:

Back