• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Big Rigs. What do you prefer

Whew! They do look cool and probably go straight and pull like a Cadillac, but turning and backing, I am not so sure! Thanks for the interesting info and pictures.

The longer wheelbase works well on concrete highways where a shorter truck would beat you up, the longs ride better.
OOH, I dug up a pic. of me and my first assigned drive. Just ran 53 ft dry van, freight of all kinds; weird to boring. 48 states, all north in winter = I 90 mostly.

Attachments

• First big truck.jpg
    First big truck.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 5
this is what happens when you drive a big rig and get hit by a Funnel cloud with an empty trailer

truck71.jpg

truck711.jpg

sorry, took these with my cell phone and it was freaking cold.

I had just put a good used 13spd in that truck. got 13k from the insurance company

Found this pic, my old 96 6.5 with my old 20+4 goose, down in GA I think at a choke and puke parked by a Freightshaker Century for Just Beginners Holding Up Nations Traffic :D):h
l_8a963e69449a4adf1a5c5a4603086f87.jpg

A Choke and Puke huh? :D I like the JB HUNT acronym... That's good.

Kinda like SWIFT. Sure Wish I'd Finished Training.
Or TMC. Too Much Chrome.

Good looking rig Justin.

Kinda like SWIFT. Sure Wish I'd Finished Training.

So
What
I'm
F'n
Trying

Why do they send their drivers from Florida to the northwest in the winter???? So many of the Swift wrecks I dealt with on the passes in my old patrol area were because the driver had never seen snow before, and had no clue how to put chains on. More often than not the driver would tell me just that while we were waiting for the tow trucks to arrive.

More often than not the driver would tell me just that while we were waiting for the tow trucks to arrive.

You mean, she spoke ENGLISH?

Good help is hard to find. Then after you find it, it's harder to keep them once they catch on.

The turnover is STAGGERING in the trucking bizz.

SWIFT - Slow Wagon In Fast Traffic , Sure Wish I Finished Training, Sure Wish i had A Faster Truck, Speedy Women In Fast Truck
DIGBY - Did I Go Broke Yet
CRST - Caution Really Slow Truck
WERNER - We Employ Rednecks No Experience Required
PRIME INC. - Please Remember I Mortgaged Everything, I Need Cash
MILLIS - Maybe I Like Lying It Sideways

and I got more :D

Most of uswouldn't behere; Our parents would have died, without food, medicine, including the aforementioned clothing and shelter...
I'm thankful to havebeen a trucker. Lots of great guys
a few kooks to keep it interesting.;)

The longer wheelbase works well on concrete highways where a shorter truck would beat you up, the longs ride better.
OOH, I dug up a pic. of me and my first assigned drive. Just ran 53 ft dry van, freight of all kinds; weird to boring. 48 states, all north in winter = I 90 mostly.

Ever drive north of Madison wisc on i90 past Lodi?

Sure, just off that bargain special stretch; 3 interstates in one; 39. 90, 94. Madiso to Eau Claire, headed north into the wind, ice loading the wipers.

Had to get off around there to make a drop at 0:dark hundred. Don't remember exactly where, but it was purty country, with NOT too many places to turn a rig around!
Beautiful driving on a 2 lane in the snow in the dark with 34,000 lbs to keep the tires stuck to the ground!

ya its a decent stretch of road. I like having 6 lanes from my exit to madison, although it makes me spoiled and i get irritated when im on 4 lanes, which is pretty much everywhere else.

They just redid the entire 6 lane stretch this summer.

Back