• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

BG Synthetic Tranny Fluid

t2ch

Reaction score
A friend of mine ownes a large private repair shop and they use a lot of BG products. He told me about a new BG synthetic transmission fluid. Said it meets the TES-295 spec for the allison 1000. I have seen the spec sheet from BG but do not have it in hand. It is also compatible with Transynd and Dex VI. The BG rep also claimed it would reduce the operating temp by 5-10 degrees.

Have any of you guys seen this stuff? Any experience with it? Any news would be appreciated.

I can get Transynd for $30/gal from a place in Richmond which is about an hour away and they don't ship the oil.

I can get this stuff from my friend for less than that and he is here.

A friend of mine ownes a large private repair shop and they use a lot of BG products. He told me about a new BG synthetic transmission fluid. Said it meets the TES-295 spec for the allison 1000. I have seen the spec sheet from BG but do not have it in hand. It is also compatible with Transynd and Dex VI. The BG rep also claimed it would reduce the operating temp by 5-10 degrees.

Have any of you guys seen this stuff? Any experience with it? Any news would be appreciated.

I can get Transynd for $30/gal from a place in Richmond which is about an hour away and they don't ship the oil.

I can get this stuff from my friend for less than that and he is here.

I have not seen any specific properties or testing from this manufacturer,as there seems to be little quantitative info on the corporate website. If you do get ahold of some specific testing/technical property info, I would be glad to take a look at it.

FYI:

Competing lubricant companies seeking TES-295 approval for their own formulations are faced with formidable obstacles. Allison requires a test to be run on a specialized test stand, which it has not made available to other lubricant companies. Furthermore, Allison requires a field trial but has not established formalized field trial protocol. This effectively locks out competing oil companies and allows Allison and Castrol to charge exorbitant prices.

O.K. thanks for the reply. The sheet I saw had all the requirements the stuff meets but not sure about the testing procedures. I'll see if I can get a hold of the data sheet and scan it in to post up. Might be a couple of days.

How did Amsoil come out with a tranny fluid meeting the requirements if all this is difficult for other oil companies. Also there is Fleetrite which has Allison TES-295 approved stamped on the bottle and sold at Allison dealers. It is expensive stuff though.

Exxon/Mobil and some of the other big boys pay big money for the certification, which, as I understand it, comes from paying Castrol/Allison to perform the test as well as royalty payments of some sort, hence the expensive price tag. The product you saw was made by one of those manufacturers and packaged with the branding you saw.

Amsoil reverse engineered the Torque Drive product as described HERE on page 2. Note, Amsoil's guarantee backs this product since the TES-295 is not "official".

I was not and do not bash other products, I only give opinions based on verifiable testing/specifications.

Last edited:
No, No I did not think you were bashing anyone, I'm just trying to learn which are the best products to buy. You know the old addage "You can put a pile of :shiiiiiite: in a box with a lifetime warrenty and make people feel all warm and fuzzy but all you still have is a box full of :shiiiiiite:.
I was offered a product that was easy to get and wanted to know if it was worth it. I will see the guy tomorrow and get the data sheet from him.

I use amsoil throughout my truck, got it much cheaper than transynd and my neighbor put bg in his dodge, he likes the stuff but noticed no difference tranny still gets hot driving on the beach, my truck stays at 160-180

Back