• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Best Trap speed

12secondhandshaker

gear rower
Reaction score
Ran a best trap this year of 103.94MPH this is up from 103.51 last year.

I was running slower times with crappy 1.99 60's all night with a best of 13.5 I was spinning in 4 wheel drive and still chirping the tires shifting into 6th gear 3/4 track:wtf:

I think after the new best trap speed, I will hit my goal of 13.1 or faster this year, just need some less slipery track conditions:sick:

Either way, happy about the trap speed improvement over last year on the second time out!

Congrats man, i have been having some serious traction issues of my own even @ 1.8x 60', Im gonna try more air in the tires, ive been running 22F and 16R, which is pretty low but ive been trying to get it to hook and it just wont so im gonna air them back up and just try to pick it up onn the big end with the rounder tires!!

Have a listen to the spinning here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLCy-CW37Vs

I usually pull 1.8X 60fts launching in 2nd gear! I run my tires at 35ish but I went from Toyo Proxies 265/70/16 to Goodyear Fortera tripple tread's 275/70/16 this year. We will see what they do on a stickier track???

I have pulled a best of 1.7 something before.

Yeah right now im running proxis ST 275/60/17's, They measure about 30" tall be for i let air out of them!!! i was having to much trouble launching with the 32 inch proxis STs i was running last year, but now im running out on the big end, 109 mph @ 3400rpm!

Back