• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Best mods for the money

Basicaly I am not sure of what I want power wise I will most likely build it the first time fairly mild 500-600 RWHP would be awsome. Then I will kick it's ass until the stock enternals say no more then I will build a bulit proof rig. Hopefully I can keep my right foo tin check until I am done in Iraq then I will be buy my daily driver An LMM Big Dooley or what ever D-max is the meanest at the time. I am just tryin to figure out what parts are worth the most consideration.

I am a little late getting in here but, the mods you describe, will make a kickass ride!!!

I sell almost everything you are looking for, and I am certain you can find a set of gauges you will like on my site. If you are already working with a vendor, thats fine, but I would like to earn your business. And at least have you take a look around my site.

-Mike

Hey Kansan Buddie !!! Far as tranny shops in our state go, plenty of good shops but none i know of mess with ally's. Mike L. is an exelent choice and i'll be giving him one more to do when the time comes! Get all the basic stuff, gauges, exhaust, intake(if desired, i have an S&B on my LB7 and love it). For sure do the tranny, and my train of thought... overbuild it a little, keep your self safe there! Since its a 4x4, all the braces, tie-rods, tranny, etc. Prolly a good idea to get a pump-rub plate. EFILive, just get used to foolin with a laptop! Airdog or Fass or some other lift pump. I'm a big fan of M/W injection too, love the Coolingmist stage II i have! Modded CP3 and FCA, you can do this for free, few hours and a few beers and you have more fuel! Unless you are gonna tear into the engine's internals soon, prolly wouldn't do dual fuelers unless pistons and rods, etc. are in the near future! A turbo will be realy benifical too! That ouught to have you making real good power! I'm pretty happy with mine and what i have in it, although i'm baddly lacking tranny work! I would like to think, with a healthy EFI tune, my lift pump awating and a tranny that hooks that i'd be in the 600hp+- area,
flirtin with disaster? possibly. I'm pushin the stock turbo to 32psi and the internals are right at the edge, some have held lots more, some broke stock, its all luck of the draw!
Let us know what you decide! I'd hafta take an hour or two and go up there and kill a beer or 10 with ya!

Big block i know how much power you want to make. Just enough to be able to beat me in a race. Your making me act shady by not saying what i have done to the truck so you cant one up me ;)

Hey 4x4 where are you located at? Big block and i buddiese and are basically neighbors if you are close by i would like to stop in sometime and talk diesel

Same thing with you mytmousemalibu, where are you located at? I think i remember you from the other site but im not for sure. We need to have a a little get together some where and meet some new faces

921500Z71... I'm between ElDorado & Augusta (Butler Co), think we meet on DP? Ya, a gathering would be in good order! Oh, you guys are "Kansas Chapter DP" boys! just remembered

PS. Some buddies and I will be at Table Rock for the 4th!

Last edited:
Sounds cool mytmouse. I forgot about ATS in colorado big block thats where a guy in holton had his built. I think jim was talking about him that day we went to his lot. Last i heard he was running 12.7s but im not for sure what level tranny he has and if hes running a co pilot or not.

Well Tanner you know I have to be able to smoke your ass. I am still upset from the timw your old 92 beat my tahoe, so now I have to get even. And 4X4 where ar eyou from I am lookin fro a new vendor and if your wantin to deal I wil be willing to spend:reddevil:. Mytmouse I will be home at the end of July for a few days till I have to come back over herer to the sand box you are more than welcome to come up and kill a beer or 30 just let me or 9215500 know, if you and your boys wanna come up we I think my shop will be big enough. Thanks for all the pointers guys just remeber I have to be able to kick the sh*t out of 921500z71's truck.:dita:

Back