• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Best Mods for Money, and Why.

READ #1 What you need to know about your LLY
READ #2 The Truth About Filters (not what you think)

Without question, the most impressive towng improvement you will make to an LLY, as well as longevity of several systems, is the induction overhaul kit.

Has anyone here used one of these Induction overhaul kits?

Induction overhaul kit? No. LBZ Kodiak turbo mouthpiece w/stock intake and TxC CAI? Yes. The Kodiak mp is worth it - someone on the DP claimed a 42 HP increase, though it's not clear to me that was strictly from the mp only. Mileage is up, EGT's are down, turbo spools much quicker, and the turbo whistle is louder. For the money, I can't imagine that KB's induction overhaul kit goes much beyond this. I will be interested to see what TxC comes up with - if he does what he's claiming to be onto, there could be more to be gained with his setup... though it's not yet apparent how much more it can be improved.

How much do you figure you have invested in the LBZ Kodiak turbo mouthpiece TxC CAI?
I'm definately looking to do something as i think there is a huge restriction right there. Just not sure what i want to do yet

How much do you figure you have invested in the LBZ Kodiak turbo mouthpiece TxC CAI?
I'm definately looking to do something as i think there is a huge restriction right there. Just not sure what i want to do yet

TxC CAI (which only works with the stock airbox) is $60. This'll give you true cold air.

I paid $135 for the LBZ Kodiak mp - though now they should be available for less than that - $70-$115, depending on the source.

1. Diablo Predator (like Randy said)
2. Straight pipe the stock exhaust (if your dad will let you). It will lower egt's and gain a little hp/torque and sound awesome!
3. Boost and Pyro gauges
4. LBZ or Kodiak turbo mouthpiece
5. TxCai Intake mod
6. Bigger than stock tires (if you don't have them already)
7. Bilstien Shocks

Most of those others have brought up...just thought I'd group them all together. Those are some of the best mods you can do without spending a ton of money...they still require a decent amount of money though. :mad2:

Yeah, it would be his money, as it is his truck, and i have a car I DD, and this is technically owned by the farm, and is a farm truck, although it is registered as a normal vehicle

Back