• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Best Lift Pump for the money?

D

dieselholic06

I'll be looking for a lift pump soon. What are my options?

Ofcourse, best bang for my buck? Thank you :beer:

when i get mine im gonna get the Airdog 150. its got the seperator and everything and i think it runs about $549. Im pretty sure duallymax has one on his truck. he might chime in...

I've heard people speak highly of the Air Dog. That's probably what I'll be running when the time comes.

I am running a performance tune on my Bully Dog and have exhaust, air intake, etc. Is it worth having a lift pump (Air Dog or FASS) with that type of mods? Are there any kind of horsepower/ mpg gains?

I am running a performance tune on my Bully Dog and have exhaust, air intake, etc. Is it worth having a lift pump (Air Dog or FASS) with that type of mods? Are there any kind of horsepower/ mpg gains?

Lift pumps keep and constant supply of fuel to the CP3. Needing a lift pump really depends on how big of a tune your running. Most smaller tunes the truck will keep up, but start getting around ~500RWHP and it's defiantly needed.

I wouldn't say it help's mpg.

Personally, I feel the best bang for the buck right now would have to be an AirDog or Raptor pump. I have had one for 5 months or so and couldn't be happier. Install was fairly simple. I have heard rumors of better mpg's but haven't seen any improvements. If you would like some pricing pm me, I would be more than happy to help.

Jim

a good buddy of mine has the airdog 150 on his cummins and it works great. he has a drag comp box, 150hp injectors, big turbo, intake, exhaust, etc, etc and it fuels it no prob.

we actually went to a diesel race in Steele Al. a few months ago and the owner of airdog was there. my buddy was havin a small prob with the electrical harness on his pump and the owner personally helped him fix it in the parking lot. super nice guy. Funny thing is, i dont know if yall have heard but AirDog is owned by a man and his wife, their son stole the design and made the Fass pumps with his dads design...! he was telling us about it at the race.

Definatley air dog. It is smaller and quieter than the FASS, and I dont believ it has the 1/4 tank problem.

Back