• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Best GPS

I have the Nuvi 360 and it works awesome.:smile5: Now if you want big screen, Go StreetPilot 7200 or 7500 ):h

my brother has the garmin nuvi 200W. he likes it. i think its kinda hard to figure out how to enter road names in. some roads around here which are all county roads have to be entered in as county highways, or some township roads have to be put in as township highways. there's no rhyme or reason as to which ones need to be entered that way.

i use microsoft Mappoint 2006 with the USB GPS locator and my laptop.

My final thoughts on the GPS...

It was awesome. Directions were immaculant, gave me the option to avoid traffic delays, re-calculated if I changed routes very quickly, within 4-7 secs, took my from Cheyenne Wyoming to my front door step with no issues at all. Calculated total miles, time, stops, gave me fuel locations, etc...

I would highly recommend this 760... If you want interactice MSN advantage then might suggest the 780 but not worth the extra coin IMHO...

I got the garmin Nuvi 260 with the text to speech. In my mind this is a must. I'm very happy with it, fits in the pocket for the pedestrian mode, and when in the truck I usually just lay it on the console lid, and never need to look at it, at least until my stomach starts to growl. BTW the screen on the 200 line is brighter and easier to read than on the older 300 line. If you want all the whistles, decide if you really need bluetooth, MP3, ... Love the portability of the smaller unit, even works with my fat fingers. Glad I chose it over the wide unit after owning and using it for a while. Good luck on your search.

I have the Garmin Nuvi 350 for almost a year and am happy with it. Researched for a couple of weeks and it was a toss up between the Garmin and Tom Tom.

My final thoughts on the GPS...

It was awesome. Directions were immaculant, gave me the option to avoid traffic delays, re-calculated if I changed routes very quickly, within 4-7 secs, took my from Cheyenne Wyoming to my front door step with no issues at all. Calculated total miles, time, stops, gave me fuel locations, etc...

I would highly recommend this 760... If you want interactice MSN advantage then might suggest the 780 but not worth the extra coin IMHO...

Thank you for the good follow up.:hurray:

When I get one it sure looks like it will be the 760:smile5:

I have the Garmin StreetPilot 2720.

attachment.php

For the most part I like it, especially the screen size, but in my opinion it has two very annoying flaws. First, it has NO battery back up, so if you car turns off the power to the cigarette lighter when the ignition is off or when cranking, the screen will reset. So if you need to reprogram it for any reason, the ignition MUST be ON. Your route is still there, but it goes through a complete reset every time the ignition is turned off, like at a fuel stop.

The second thing I do NOT like is a major one; the design of the power-cord connector at the GPS literally sucks. It slides sideways into the unit and the thin plastic tabs can easily distort causing it to lose contact when you hit a bump and it resets. This problem alone would keep me from buying another one.

Other than those two flaws above, it works well. I like the text to voice feature that speaks the actual street names, as well as the wireless remote control.

My next purchase will probably be one of the widescreen Nüvi's.

Attachments

• StreetPilot2720.jpg
    StreetPilot2720.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 30
Back