• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

best glass cleaner

I use Isopropel alcohol (91%) on a shop towel (the blue throw away ones from autozone) and it works awesome.

I use a quart spray bottle of water mixed with one teaspoon of Lemon Joy dish soap. Works great and will not turn tinted windows purple.

Sprayway. White aerosol can with blue lettering for the insides with a micro towel. Doesn't streak. Outside I use windex with a terry towel. Not to hijack your thread Michael, but for the windshield, I can't seem to get a film off where the wipers don't touch. I'm half tempted to try some of the paste stuff I use on woodstove glass.
Since we're talking about window cleaner let's hear some suggestions guys!

Sprayway. White aerosol can with blue lettering for the insides with a micro towel. Doesn't streak. Outside I use windex with a terry towel. Not to hijack your thread Michael, but for the windshield, I can't seem to get a film off where the wipers don't touch. I'm half tempted to try some of the paste stuff I use on woodstove glass.
Since we're talking about window cleaner let's hear some suggestions guys!
not at all..that is part of the problem too!

I use Windex and newpaper, does not seem to streak at all with the paper.?? All the windows on the house are done that way also

try laquer thinner on a rag on the outside of windsheilds,it will get the tar and oil off,then 2 coats of ''rain-x''

I've used Rain-X off & on over the years and like it. My issue is the damn film. I'll give some Laquer Thinner on it tomorrow and then the rain-x. I've been blaming the film on the crap the car wash sprays on with their foaming wax stuff. My Dad was an OTR trucker and always swore by newspaper but it never blew my skirt up...):h

there is one out there with jet dry(the dishwasher anti spot rinse agent) added into it...

seems to work good for me...

Fast enamel reducer - another form of lacquer thinner. Any auto paint shop has the stuff, but make sure you keep it off your paint.

Vinegar, a little Lemon Sunlight dish-soap, and water (0.5 cup V, capful Sunlight and fill up the rest of the gallon jug distilled H2O) works good with a newspaper, too.

I find I have to clean my wipers with 50:50 Vinegar/water and a soft cloth, as the blades seem to pick up road snot and exhaust slime. They also seem to pick up the spray wax from car washes, so when you first turn 'em on, they give that rainbow smear effect...

Diet Coke.

No sugar, no sugary mess afterwards. But the acid in it will cut through grime.

Just apply it to a paper towel, wipe, and then with a separate towel dry.

I found the best with no streaks is The Works Glass & Surface Cleaner, owning a commercial cleaning company that had contracts with alot of night clubs with a lot of mirrors and glass I needed to find a streak free cleaner. I was amazed how well this cleaner worked not leaving any streaks, I throught all cleaners were like windex and you had to fight not to leave streaks. Not The Works Glass & Surface Cleaner it is streak free.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0723254.jpg
    0723254.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
#0000 steel wool with a window cleaner will get all the dirt and grime off the front of your windshield. Just soak it with cleaner and scrub away with the steel wool, it will not scratch the glass. It works great!

For the inside I use dish soap and water. I found a small squeagy small enough for the windshield and have used it ever since. After cleaning I buff with a micro towel to remove any streaks or squeagy marks.
For the outside I use rain X and have since new. I have the film but it seems to go away with the appl. of rain X. I will try the Lacquer thinner to see if it work better.

Naked boobs.....

Sure it maybe a little difficult to convince her at first, and they might not be able to reach the hard to reach corners, but the view is worth it.

Back