• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

BEN PLEASE READ/HELP........making a lux radio a non lux

anybody find the "boy" to help me out? I really want to get this thing in and running.
Thanks again for the help

I found him and he said he'd stop in apparently he hasn't. I will talk to him again and I assure you he will be here to assist you. Or i will tie his shoelaces together or better yet I'll speak to his mother! ):h

Benji's a good guy he must have forgotten.

sorry everyone...so many forums so little time. :(

I really dont know about the new body style trucks. Im trying to get my dad to trade in his 03 tahoe (150k miles I think) on a new 09 tahoe with the new 6-speed and 6.2 V8 :D so I can check it out and see how the new [new] body style stuff works, then I would be able to help out a little better...

JRKRACE would know much better about the new body style stuff than I would, I dont know if hes on here or not.

ben

I'm here...I think the thread split off into 2 topics. Stacks wants to reprogram the GMT-800 nav to non-lux and 07dmax wants to put the nav in his ride. Correct me if I'm wrong..

07 Dmax, IIRC, you should have the non-lux bose in your vehicle. I'm a little fuzzy, but you should have an amp somewhere. Do you have a bench seat or buckets?

The way the new body trucks work is that the nav units can have DVD capability or not. That's it. When you put a nav unit into a NBS truck, dealer programming is mandatory no matter what. They have to do a vin relearn if necessary as well as programming the radio to the truck itself through the TIS and Tech 2. You basically scan the truck, download it to TIS, check or uncheck items (backup cam, Y91 package,etc.), upload to the truck and it should work.

The only wires you have to add are for VSS(green/white stripe behind MBEC) and Onstar, which is optional.

I did this swap in my Denali and all the wiring was there but I still had to go to the dealer for programming. If you have a friendly tech that's willing to learn, it could be done.

The only thing that strikes me is the fact that all you see is a white screen. Does it do anything else?

I have a bench seat and I dont think I have an amp. No it doesen't do anything else. When its all plugged in, it powers up and the fan comes on and the white sceen thats it.

You know, I never tried. Thats a good question. I'll tell you though, my biggest complaint is that I now have to remove the nav disc to play cd's, which I rarely do anymore...I smell a 6 disc changer coming here once I get some extra funds.

Meh. Consider instead of dropping the cash on a CD changer an AUX in box so you can plug an ipod, CD player, etc directly in to your radio... you can fit ALL your CD's on an ipod and then not have to switch discs out here and there.

i dont think you can do the nav units with the tech 2. i tried and found nothing, but i may have done it wrong.

x2, already been looking into that. there not that expensive for the gm one.

I'll find the 'boy' and get a hold of him.

I'm here...I think the thread split off into 2 topics. Stacks wants to reprogram the GMT-800 nav to non-lux and 07dmax wants to put the nav in his ride. Correct me if I'm wrong..

07 Dmax, IIRC, you should have the non-lux bose in your vehicle. I'm a little fuzzy, but you should have an amp somewhere. Do you have a bench seat or buckets?

The way the new body trucks work is that the nav units can have DVD capability or not. That's it. When you put a nav unit into a NBS truck, dealer programming is mandatory no matter what. They have to do a vin relearn if necessary as well as programming the radio to the truck itself through the TIS and Tech 2. You basically scan the truck, download it to TIS, check or uncheck items (backup cam, Y91 package,etc.), upload to the truck and it should work.

The only wires you have to add are for VSS(green/white stripe behind MBEC) and Onstar, which is optional.

I did this swap in my Denali and all the wiring was there but I still had to go to the dealer for programming. If you have a friendly tech that's willing to learn, it could be done.

The only thing that strikes me is the fact that all you see is a white screen. Does it do anything else?

HMMMMMM,

I have a TECH II and can get TIS Access if I need to.

I might be able to help out for the CT residents if BEN is too busy.

Let me see what is invloved with updating my TECH II, I know I need a CANDI module to talk to the '07 and later years.

Tony

Meh. Consider instead of dropping the cash on a CD changer an AUX in box so you can plug an ipod, CD player, etc directly in to your radio... you can fit ALL your CD's on an ipod and then not have to switch discs out here and there.

That's what I did instead of the cd changer. Got a USA Spec adapter and an Ipod Nano I had laying around and hooked everything up. Sounds awesome and the Ipod interface works well.

Back