• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Belated intro from me

Merv

Reaction score
Hi All

I am the proud owner of a new (to me) 97 Suburban 2500 Diesel. I have experienced a few teething problems, suppose they are pretty common. Had to replace (and re-locate) the PMD very soon after I got it, replaced the blower resistor as the fan was only blowing on high. THen went on to replace the blower fan assembly as well. Also replaced the headlights as the old ones were pointing way too high and the adjuster screws were well, screwed. Huge difference with clear lenses and properly aimed headlights.
Biggest problem to overcome was replacing a slightly bent axle, finished that job yesterday, with the unexoected bonus is that the "new" axle is a posi-traction, nice little upgrade.
Still a work in progress, the passenger seat doesn't adjust with the switch, need to replace the centre console lid (memo holder is busted) etc etc.
Will keep posting as I make progress. Info I have foumnd here so far has been very valuable, thanks guys.

TTFN

Back