• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

before you buy any PC parts or if you need a PC

VW_Lupo_TD

Reaction score
please post here first, i have just taken another PC that i took as trade in apart and have at least 17 PCs in spare parts. adapters, wires, fans, NEW round IDE cables in assorted lengths, USB ports, bolts screws etc.
if you need anything I would be glad to help out, this means all the small stuff goes out to DTR members FOR FREE !!!

i have enough parts to build several budget minded internet surf / word processing / email / download machines.

the latest for example could be on the basis of the Gigabyte GA-7VAX :

Socket A for AMD Duron/Athlon processor
VIA KT400/8235 chipset
Support DDR400 memory
Realtek ALC650 audio chip
RealTek 8100 LAN chip
ATX form factor

combined with an MSI FX5600-TD1286

i would put in new:
- motherboard battery
- power supply
- etc etc

throw in an XP lite installation (superfast and takes up only several 100MB)
and this will serve any non gamer for may more years to come.

Also have a case with a Windows XP Home COA sticker on it that i could put it all in and can customize to anyones needs.
(wifi card, etc etc.)
I normally throw any used cases away right away since I only use Lian Li cases for my custom builds and modify these with asphalt mats and foam etc. to make them silent.

so just let me know, i also do high end silent HTPCs with custom cut and soldered wiring harnesses (tucked away look no wires visible) etc etc.
So if anyone needs any help, parts or RIGs built you know where to ask.

(Admins move to for sale if need be, although i thought this pertains more to Computer support / help - I just want to get this stuff gone, if there is interest I will post some more parts if anyone needs anything)

rgds

Last edited:
I will take all the stuff you don't want....if you have the round ide cables I was going to order a couple next week with a few other things to repair/upgrade 2 computers I have right now that are dead.

i have multiple lengths of those, let me know what you need:

https://www.buerklin.com/default.asp?srch=M104522

M104522.jpg

everything you need when building a PC:
- IDE cables (round, flat)
- IDE to SATA adapters
- LIAN LI bezels
- floppy drives
- floppy cables
- headphone extension cable
- CAT5 cables in all denominations
- phone cables
- etc etc

i have so much stuff it is not even funny, let me know if you need anything special or if you need something done / fixed / replaced, I will do it just to get rid of this stuff ;-)

If you followed my custom SILENT PC thread, I can also do custom soldered wiring harnesses and stuff like that. Or build you a full one, but not right now as I still have a couple to finish.

Everything starting at $1, i will just post random pics of stuff I have laying around, there is tons of adapters (IDE-SATA), cables (ROUND sata cables), floppy drives, screws, cable ties, etc. etc.

2447746360048731285S600x600Q85.jpg

2412122610048731285S600x600Q85.jpg

2578171710048731285S600x600Q85.jpg

2157681200048731285S600x600Q85.jpg

to not waste this stuff I just ordered :

PSU
CPU heatsink and fan

dug out a brandnew (my last !!) Spinpoint SP2514N - 250GB

and some fans to put this back together.

turns out the CPU is a
Athlon XP "Barton" (Model 10, 130 nm)
CPU-ID: 6-A-0
All models support: MMX, SSE, Enhanced 3DNow!

Athlon XP AXDA2500DKV4D
stepping AQXCA
datecode 0311XPEW
package number 27488

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K7/AMD-Athlon%20XP%202500+%20-%20AXDA2500DKV4D.html

checking to see if this is the coveted unlockable stepping, if so i am inclined to keep it (to underclock and undervolt not overclock) but anyway, just saying i am putting this together in case anyone needs a PC....

also have 1GB of PNY RAM with this.

if you have the round ide cables I was going to order a couple next week with a few other things to repair/upgrade 2 computers I have right now that are dead.

i have 2 of each length left, except the short ones which i just put in this computer.

Nick,

You wouldn't happen to have a laptop usb port like pictured... my kids(playing with the dogs) knocked my laptop off the table last month and broke the top port then this am did the same(again...playing with the dogs) and broke the bottom port...they are 1.0

This is on that old IBM think pad running XP pro

close up
attachment.php

regular

attachment.php

Thanks,

Paul

Do you have a power supply for a HP desktop?

My wifes desktop is showing that the power supply is bad. The light on the back is blinking and all trouble shooting sites say it's the power supply.

Paul, i have almost all the service manuals on the thinkpads (and most other notebooks, it helps a lot since it takes some serious tricks to take them apart, not just a screwdriver), tell me which one exactly that is like T41 or T42 and also the model number like 7454CTO on the back if you would.

that way i can determine if the USB port is integral to the system / motherboard or if it can be replaced. if it is part of the system board, as is the case with most newer ones, then you will either have to live with it or decide if it is worth replacing the entire system board (which means lots of $ and time since you most likely will have to do a new OS install).

Charlie, i have a used desktop power supply i took out of the tear apart above but would need to know which wattage you require. if the PC is "stock" it will most likely just use the same Wattage as the one you will take out, if you made it custom just tell me what motherboard, graphics card a etc you are using and i can at least make a suggestion.

if you do not want to take it apart just tell me which model it is.

Nick,

It's an A30 I believe model/type 2652...

I think it is on the motherboard from some images I've seen...I oredered a docking station ($15 shipped) to get a USB port for now and a power supply for $7(tip was broke in the fall as well...)

I believe I'm going to order a new laptop this week and this one will end up the kids after I get my data off of it...

Nick,

You wouldn't happen to have a laptop usb port like pictured... my kids(playing with the dogs) knocked my laptop off the table last month and broke the top port then this am did the same(again...playing with the dogs) and broke the bottom port...they are 1.0

This is on that old IBM think pad running XP pro

Thanks,

Paul
Get a Dell XPS Studio 1645

Back