• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Been looking at trucks again

jcool

#78 A(ACLU) FNG
Reaction score
Justin,

Without even seeing the trucks in person, my suggestion would be to drop #1 from your list, just because it is an LB7...you will have injector issues eventually...no sense in adding 2-4 thousand dollars on top of your purchase(price variation due to not knowing if you would do the work yourself)

I would personally look for an 06 LBZ...I've seen them go for close to the same price as those you are looking at...

My cousin has a 2007 LBZ she used to pull her show horse trailer around for sale. Its got ~70K on it IIRC and she wants $29K. Its a chevy same color as the 2nd truck with black LT3 interior, bose, but no sun roof.

The LBZ will get better MPG than a LLY too.

Check my fuelly report, I have tanks that are in the 6-10 range from towing HEAVY. I consistantly get 16-17 and thats alot of idle time and running errands in town.

A dodge with a burned up tranny?! Never heard of that! Haha.

Dodge is nice and mega cabs have more room than a chevy I think, you just sacrifice some ride and bed space.

The GMC HDs are exactly what I would want if I were in the market for new right now. Beautiful truck to me. :agreed:

Hey Pepp, I really like two of the trucks you posted the wife and I may ride up to va to look at the gmc in hampton roads.

I'm just trying to help...

you have to do whats best for you and your family...I just didn't want to see you pick up an LB7 and six months down the road have to shell out $3k for injectors...

don't get me wrong...I love my truck...but I would be looking for an 06(preferably an 07)LBZ on up to a 09 LMM if I were in the market for a truck right now...

all GMC's of course ;)

I'm just trying to help...

you have to do whats best for you and your family...I just didn't want to see you pick up an LB7 and six months down the road have to shell out $3k for injectors...

don't get me wrong...I love my truck...but I would be looking for an 06(preferably an 07)LBZ on up to a 09 LMM if I were in the market for a truck right now...

all GMC's of course ;)

You were very helpful! The 06 gmc in Hampton roads that you posted we are considering going to look at. We really do not want or need a new truck but with all the discounts it is VERY tempting. I am not in a huge rush, just keeping my eye out for something that suits us.

My question: Do you need a truck? Or are you just buying it because you want the room? I'd almost be tempted to trade one of the Jetta's for a new Passat TDI. I'm 6'6" and I fit in the backseat of ours, and it's a fantastic car all around.

Back