• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Been dealing with electrical/ fuel issues

KyleH

Reaction score
Hi guys, just posted in another category yesterday..

been chasing IP gremlins & stupidly replaced injection pump when I believe my issue lied in the PMD.

spent an hour trying to purge the lines yesterday & was going to go back at it today by removing the glow plugs.

Thing is, now my LP is not working & I’m not getting any volts to it..

wondering if you guys had any solutions? Check voltage at fuse block where fuel relay connects?
The fuel wiring harness is also receiving bolts on only 4 pins of the whole 20+...

BACKGROUND :::

My rig died the other day as I was coming down the mountains.. went silent coasted to a stop... wouldn’t start back.. in an hour started back up... fast forward a few days and I drove it on multiple errands last Monday, and when I started it again to leave town- it died as I rounded the corner. Been stuck here since. Originally thought it to be electrical related as I’ve been modifying the auxiliary water pump to my new water pump that delivers water to my sink inside the coach. Thought this could surely be my issue but realized it was fuel related when I wasn’t getting any fuel past my IP to injectors.. now there’s no fuel getting up to the IP... some kinda electrical draw or disconnect/short I feel... maybe I should replace the fuel relay / test the current one?
thanks for your help guys..

What model year?
If it is 93-95, the OPS controls the LP when engine is running, that can explain why there is no electric to the LP.
This fact is not valid for 96+ model year.
So detail on the truck is important due to issues may be different in different years' model.

What model year?
If it is 93-95, the OPS controls the LP when engine is running, that can explain why there is no electric to the LP.
This fact is not valid for 96+ model year.
So detail on the truck is important due to issues may be different in different years' model.
Thankyou! This is A 2000 Chevy express 3500. LP won’t even kick on when I turn key on. Checked voltage at LP earlier and got nothing, going to double check but I think it strange

Thankyou! This is A 2000 Chevy express 3500. LP won’t even kick on when I turn key on. Checked voltage at LP earlier and got nothing, going to double check but I think it strange

Did you measure it when the key is in the ON position?
If so, check the fuses first.

Also, LOAD test the batteries one at a time. NOT just voltage.

On the 96 and newer trucks, Suburbans, Tahoes and Yukons there is a lift pump jumper wire with a female spade connector on the end, between the underhood fuse panel and the firewall. And down a little bit

Does anybody know if an Express has that wire and where it might be?

You supply 12 volts to that wire and the lift pump should run. I use a fused jumper. I almost always install a toggle switch there. Handy for priming othe fuel filter and diagnostics. A permanent fuel pressure gauge is never a bad idea. It can alert you to an issue before ir becomes a problem.

Back