• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Beat a 5.3

Louisianarebel

Fits gonna hit the SHan soon
Reaction score
It had like 5000 horsepower...
Not really. but i didnt kno he was racing and my truck is set on stock... wasnt much of a race though. He will go tell his buddys he almost beat a twin turbo duramax with 1000lbs of torque and 600hp. :svengo:

I've beat one too....at the drag strip with a truck I used to own that is identical to the one in my sig...no contest....

5.3 As in 5.3 Chevy? If so, I think I got one too. It was a '98-'02 1/2 ton. I smoked him at one light (I was slowing down for the red, then it turned green), and I guess that was enough to get him going. Then, at the next light, he squeeled his tires trying to race me, so I got off the go pedal thinking it was me, got back on it, and he never had a chance, even with me letting off. It was either a 5.3 or 4.whatever. But I'm starting to think my truck may have a chip...

If is was a 5.3, it woulda been a 00+, and not looked like yours,the new body style, 98-99 are 5.7 (350)

Not tryin to be rude but I have a hard time beleiveing that a 6.5 took down a 5.3 my 99 5.3 was real fast it messed with mustangs but it had 4.10 gears. Maybe 5.3 with the 3.42 is possible but even they will do 50-60 mph in 1st gear if you want them to go. I could be wrong though.

My ole 5.3 would fly. Had custom tune, gibson exhaust, K&N intake, 3.73s.
l_da7ac076f68ce9f9657c3695a4a1720c.jpg

Yes I have spoken to charlie a few times. Wait4me seems to really get the best reviews on other sites but I'd give charlie a shot

Not tryin to be rude but I have a hard time beleiveing that a 6.5 took down a 5.3 my 99 5.3 was real fast it messed with mustangs but it had 4.10 gears. Maybe 5.3 with the 3.42 is possible but even they will do 50-60 mph in 1st gear if you want them to go. I could be wrong though.

Believe it.

He ran a 17.7

I ran a 17.1

I won....:lol:

fastlist3.jpg

Year:
Make and Year of truck
Body
RC-reg cab
CC-crew cab
EC-ext cab
AV-Avalance
SUB-Suburban
TAH-Tahoe

Drive:
2wd / 4wd / AWD

Engine:
4.8 / 5.3 / 5.7 / 6.0 / 8.1 /D-max
ST-stroked motor
AB-all bore
N2O-Nitrous
TC-Turbo
SC-Supercharger

Bolt On's:
E-exhaust
Hdr-Headers
I-Aftermarket Air intake
UP-underdrive pulley
TQ-x,xxx=Torque converter and stall
H-headwork
C-cam
G-gear and ratio
P-LSD or locker
ECM-tune

Tires:
ST-Stock
DR-Drag Radial / DOT
SL-Slicks

Here is some track times with proof on the timeslips sent to the guy who made it.

All of the trucks in that list are quite modded.....

Look at number 28 - take away the mods....what are you left with? A mid 17 second run.

The truck I ran against was a crew cab 4x4 1/2 ton with the 5.3 - you don't have to believe me...there were hundreds of people in the stands to witness it....

If you look in my Sig you will see I owned the very truck that you raced and beat, notice my comments about that truck. No need to get upset. I hated my last 5.3

The 5.3 is actually a bad little motor but anytime you put 3.42's on any drivetrain you will suffer, even though it was cool that it would do 60 in first gear it was still slow, my 5.3 with 4.10's would mess with mustangs and any hemi out there. 3.42's suck

As luck would have it, there was a 5.3 racing at the street legals last night.

I did not get the chance to race him head to head, but comparing numbers is pretty straightforward.

He was running consistent 19s. I was running consistent 16s.

The 5.3 was an early 2000s half ton, 2WD, reg cab, short box. I know it was a 5.3 because he had an ugly sticker on the rear window that said '327 Vortec'.

My timeslips are posted in the 6.5 section of this forum. I wish I had a few pics of him running his 19 second passes to prove it on here but you'll just have to take my word for it....again, lots of spectators saw it too....

Bottom line - a modded 6.5 can definately beat a 5.3....and then some....

FWIW - an 06 F350 w/bullydog tuner, exhaust and intake only beat me by 7 tenths of a second....I raced him head to head....timeslip is posted in the 6.5 section....

Back