• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

BD Quick Spool Valve Install with Pics

Actually this was a dead thread for so long, there hasn't been any haha and here are some of the pictures War Wagon wanted. Not the best but then again, not exactly easy to handle a tape measure and a camera inside a cramped space. Sorry. I can tell you the valve sticks out from center about 5.5 inches. Measuring from the end of the yellow actuating case to the middle of the turbo. I also can confirm that it won't work in reverse. Just by looking it might clear the valve cover, but it would probably hit the compressor housing. i didn't measure. There is just so little room though. It sticks up quite a ways. And it would create a hassle with the oil drain I think as well if reversed. Also the downpipe is almost a spot on 3 inch extension. I would do what I did with the downpipe so you can get it to fit like you want instead of having one made and it being wrong.
Roughly 4.5inches from firewall to valve
001.jpg
002.jpg
004.jpg
How I had to re-do the CDR. Inside the PVC 90*, there is straight metal pipe thread, screwed into threads we put into the plastic. On the inside, there is a thin metal pipe nut that was tightened to keep it from moving. And so it wouldn't come off into my turbo at any point, there is red loc-tite on it.....and welded :hihi: It works out. It won't break, and the PVC adds flexibility. If the PVC needs replaced, it easily unscrews from the pipe
005.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0301.jpg
    100_0301.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 13
Ferm, the actuator that guy used looks to be vacuum operated and much smaller than the BD valve. Any chance this resolves the whole fitment issue requiring movement of the surge tank? It could have a bunch of us going back to vac pumps and the longer serp belts.

:thumbsup: What Im thinking to. Who is going to be the the test pig?

Would be nice if you could get the stock vacuum setup to control it. I actually could be programmed to come completely off at a certain rpm and load would want it to be completely off at highway for fuel economy. Interesting what kind of ideas someone can get from just sitting around looking at things. None of it is new ideas just reinvented old ideas.

Would be nice if you could get the stock vacuum setup to control it. I actually could be programmed to come completely off at a certain rpm and load would want it to be completely off at highway for fuel economy. Interesting what kind of ideas someone can get from just sitting around looking at things. None of it is new ideas just reinvented old ideas.

Easily done with access to the boost tables....which you do IIRC.....

Ferm, the actuator that guy used looks to be vacuum operated and much smaller than the BD valve. Any chance this resolves the whole fitment issue requiring movement of the surge tank? It could have a bunch of us going back to vac pumps and the longer serp belts.

After carefully reading through all 21 pages of that thread, the actuator he used is boost controlled with an orifice to control the rate of the actuator and hence the flapper opening so it doesn't "snap" open. The creator of the valve stated that it can be regulated to open from 5-6psi boost to 14-16 psi of boost depending on restrictor orifice size used. He even listed sources and prices for the manufactured components like the 304 stainless flange and actuator.

Back