• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Battery cable installation newbie

OleBeezus

Reaction score
Can someone help me I must be slipping into dementia as I can’t Recall where these two connect. I know the one I circled in blue goes to the driver side battery negative post but where does the other two (circled in red go)?
I recently spent an inordinate amount of time doing injectors and thought I would be slick and replace some of the wiring. It’s been long enough for me to obviously forget where all the wiring goes outside of the connectors on the bale and harnesses, which I think are good but I’m getting a crank but no start situation and I must have some this battery wiring wrong.
Any assistance and Jabs at my absent minded ness is welcome and appreciated.57835

A little more info on your truck would be helpful as different years vary. Generally speaking the negative connections go from the negative terminal to the block, most times an intake bolt. On the passenger side there's a small ground to the fender by the battery. On the posItive cables the drivers side connects to the passenger battery and then to the starter. On later years a positive wire goes to the under hood fuse center. There's more but instead of a book give us the year etc.

A little more info on your truck would be helpful as different years vary. Generally speaking the negative connections go from the negative terminal to the block, most times an intake bolt. On the passenger side there's a small ground to the fender by the battery. On the posItive cables the drivers side connects to the passenger battery and then to the starter. On later years a positive wire goes to the under hood fuse center. There's more but instead of a book give us the year etc.
I apologize for the lack of information.
It’s off an 2001 Silverado 3500
6.6 duramax LB7

Awesome had large one on block and small one on frame. It just seemed like there was more slack in it than there should be. I guess my search continues on why no start...

The fuel system seems adequately primed.
Coolant system seems to be topped up.

Will evaluate the glow plug / air intake heater relay controller... deleted air heater, put it back, maybe wired those those to one another in my haste...

I just replaced injectors are there any suggestions at 1st start. I changed the oil and oil filter and coolant obviously. Put some royal purple treatment in the tank. Checked all fuses, I think. Swapped out fuel filter, Any pro tips or recommend procedural process that manufacturer has dictated that I may not be privy?

Back