• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Baro Sensor Problem

Heartbeat Hauler

A(ACLU) Agent Yoda
Reaction score
Howdy all,
I've been drivin' along just as happy as can be for about 6.5 years and all of a sudden I cannot keep a baro sensor in my truck. I have it replaced twice under warranty in the past year and on Monday I got the same codes that says Baro Sensor. I am trying to figure out if I am doing somehting that is causing this to happen or the GM installing junk parts....or maybe both.

It's not really a big deal, but I hate the Service Engine Soon light to be on. I cleared the code and it hasn't come back yet this week. Any ideas? :(

JP

I would be looking for a bad connection as I've seen very few Baro sensors go bad. The new style connectors are not very good that are used in these trucks. Check the two connectors over the valve cover on the driverside for a pushed back pin inside.

what code jp?
p0106 - I think there was another one, but I don't remember.

I would be looking for a bad connection as I've seen very few Baro sensors go bad. The new style connectors are not very good that are used in these trucks. Check the two connectors over the valve cover on the driverside for a pushed back pin inside.

I will check this out. I had no problems for years and then all of a sudden 3 in a year & half. I hope this is the problem.

JP

Back