• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks Super Scoop

jtw

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a banks super scoop what have you guys heard about them

I've heard good things about them. I was thinking about buying one a fabin' it up to fit my S&B intake. Some have saw a noticeable gain in ET's also.

Jeff if your gonna buy one do a good search I found mine $50.00 cheeper than going directly thru banks pm me and I'll tell you where I got it

I was thinking about buying one a fabin' it up to fit my S&B intake

I thought about that as well. Rumor has it that S&B are coming out with a scoop for the existing air boxes. I kinda wanted to wait myself but I do want a scoop.

Here's the one that I built for mine at the track. Kinda hard to use on the street but I did notice a slight gain at the track. I'd say the Banks scoop should do fairly well, especially to bring fresh air into the filter. The biggest difference that i noticed out of mine was it helped keep the egt's down towards the end of the track.
0722081540b.jpg

0722081540.jpg

0722081543.jpg

Thanks, I got bored at work one day and decided to build it:D. There's a few things that i could've done different now that i look at it but it turned out pretty good.

I think banks is good if you can afford it but for the money there are systems that do the same thing for less money. IMHO

I bought the air intake, but I thought the scoop was way over priced for what it is. I'm a tin knocker so I'll just fab it up out of aluminum. its hidden anyway.

I got the super scoop hooked up to my S&B box. Also i have an LBZ mouthpiece. Good combo, we'll see what it does with the track times :eyebrows:

I got the super scoop hooked up to my S&B box. Also i have an LBZ mouthpiece. Good combo, we'll see what it does with the track times :eyebrows:

Did you modify much to get it to work?

Back