• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks six gun SUCKS!! HELP!!!

doogie

Reaction score
The banks six gun it the worst thing I ever bought for this truck:mad2: I know it is a good chip for a normal install if you are just going with a chip and stop. But all it does is throw tran slip codes and shut off.
I need a EFI live programer bad. Can any one help? And where do I get the programs like the Idaho Rod tune or any other tunes. If I order the tuner is it blank and I make my own? :confused:

Can you post the codes you are getting?

That will help.

You can buy EFILive from anyone, but usually from whoever you want to buy tunes from you can buy the whole kit and they will "maybe" give you a Race tune with the purchase.

Just remember, your trans WILL need to be built if you run it hard.

The code is through the banks PDA its code 42 my favorite trans slip is what it is in the book. Its not a code from the truck computer. Lets say I buy it from ebay and want Idaho Robs tune? I looked in to the tran I am going to get a SUncoast IV/ with a tran brace and 1056 or 1057 can't deside. I found a installer the only one in missouri its St. Joe diesel the owner Tim has a twin LBZ dually running 10.22 in the 1/4. It I get the kit from him he will do it all for $4,000 that counts all the parts.

Yep. Buy it the EFI Live package and tune from the same guy. If you want Rob's tuning just buy it all from him.

I've heard good things from the St. Joesph Diesel Crew. I'm sure they will take care of you.

I would go with the precision ML convertor(Mike L of Inglewood transmission) if you plan on racing it regularly...If not then a Suncoast IV will do fine...and if you don't want to tune it yourself. order a moonshine ECM with a DSP5 switch from Tony at RidgeRunner Diesel...

I called st joe ordered a suncoast stageIV,1056 torq, transfer case braket, EFI live with the five tuner knob. TIm is going to hook me up with five new tunes. I drop the truck off on wendsday night and pick it up friday at 5 cant wait. Now I am on the hunt for a boost and EGT gages. I read on hear that some one had some that the back ground lighting can be changed any one no the maked?

No I wish I took that thing off an hour ago. I have a Diablo Predator tuner I bought to take the speed limiter off and will set it up with that to get me by till wensday

PM cumminalong of Dog House Diesel...he's a vendor here...or post in his forum in the vendor section...he'll get back with you pretty quick

Back