• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Balancing media, any opinions?

83GMCK2500

Reaction score
I would like to get away from lead weights on my wheels, either stickies or clip on. I thought I read on TTS in a signature where someone was running one of the balancing medias in their tires. I am looking for testimonials/opinions on that kind of product.

EDIT: Looking into this for both of my trucks.

You might be alright if the tires are brand new radials. I 'v tried it and wasn't impressed,but for some it seems to work fine.

love them!!! i got the set up from here www.innovativebalancing.com has all the tire sizes and recommended weights online and you can order direct.....usually arrives with a day or two of ordering.....

the only time I have felt any unbalance in the tires is when I have slowed to 5-10 mph for toll booths and picked up speed again without making a full stop; just pulled over to a full stop checked all tires every time just to be sure; then off again with no problems......I am probably getting about 8 - 10k more miles out of a set of tires than when I was using the old lead weights.....I currently use no weights on any wheel; just the beads....

I had a tires that were very very difficult to balance. I then looked into the beads and decided to try them. I kept the tire weights on and also threw a bag into each tire. They are much better. Not 100% but much better. They re-balance the tire each and every time you drive.

I use them on my MT's because they are hard to keep balanced. Not sure what brand, IIRC they are called dyna beads or something, I don't ask, I just go with whatever my tire guy recommends. They seem work great for keeping the big knobby tires form vibrating on the hwy. I have aftermarket rims and I tend to loose the stick on weights. Not sure how well they work on a normal tire...nothing about me is normal.

Most guys running large off road tires have been using airsoft BB's in there tires to the same effect. It may not be as nice as some specific ceramic balancing beads in the link above but it will do the same thing for less money.

I think PBB has stickies on the amount of beads to use for the size of tire and stuff like that. I know i've seen that information a few times on there.

Back