• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Balance Beads

Mike, in this thread they are mentioned. LINK You might also want to look into a set of Centramatic's they are also said to be very good.

We'll have to get Bud to chime in and expound on them a bit. There was a thread a while back that several of us were in that discussed tire balance and I (and at least one other) had our tires rebalanced to correct a nasty shake. That shouldn't have to happen IMHO... I didn't have to pay for it but at 25k since new, I was real surprised.

I've run the dynabeads for a couple of years now very successfully. I had Centramatics and they defeat the hub-centric design of the wheels, require spacers in the front and still rubbed on the front brake calipers - did not like them.

I just got done putting these in my tires an hour ago. http://www.counteractbalancing.com/
They all work on the same principle. I am going on a long drive tomorrow. I will report back. I used 6 oz. in each wheel, as that is what their chart suggested for 265-75-16's. Tom, I remember reading where you had kept your wheel weights on the rims, while using these beads. Do you still have the weights on, or have you removed the traditional rim weights?

Never removed the weights, I figured there was no reason for the beads to "fight" a tire or rim imbalance that the weights had already taken out of play. I've gotten great service for some time time now, and have gotten a lot of wear out of a 3 year old set of Blizzaks that I've been running year round.

BUY THEM!!!!!!

The innovative balancing stuff is great. first put them in with the stock PYO's and tires and was smoother from the first turn of he wheels. I put them in with the 285/18's and rides just as smooth. no external weights anywhere to rot the AL rims. be sure to get one for the spare and a couple extra bags to have on hand in the truck if you have to replace a blow out

How do the counteract beads work? As someone who does tires and car repair for a living, I can see stuff like this just becoming a mess.

I'm resurecting this because now that I've rotated my tires since the last rotate and rebalance, I have front end shake again. Isee the Counteract product has a closest dealer in Chicago. Can this be DIY? How much $ are we talking about?

Balancing Beads

I'm resurecting this because now that I've rotated my tires since the last rotate and rebalance, I have front end shake again. Isee the Counteract product has a closest dealer in Chicago. Can this be DIY? How much $ are we talking about?

The beads are cheap. Less than $7.00 a bag. They do work. I just took the tire off and broke the bead and threw the bag inside. Then put air back into it. Piece of cake.

i'm running bb's in the tires on my k30, worked pretty good so far for tires that are very difficult to balance and keep balanced. 35x14.50 bias ply, get some vibration at 35-40mph when the tires are cold but anywhere above or below that (or when warmed up) its as smooth as an 84 k30 can get.

I run the centramatics and had none of the problems Tom mentioned...I love mine...pricey though...tires wear great...

I've had internal balance in my tires for about three years now. Not dynabeads, some other brand I forgot which but the same idea, they are small plastic beads. I've got 255/85/16 Interco TrXus MTs (33x9). I have been extremely happy with them, I love the idea of them balancing the tire for the life of the tire, instead of having to re-balance every so often as the tire wears down. I can only imagine the balance issues I would have had with 6 reasonably heavy Interco tires over the years. I'll never use anything else from now on.

On a funny side note, I met a guy with a radical race truck, who asked me about balalncing and noise from my tires. He didn't believe they are quiet (computer designed tread), and he also questioned whether the plastic beads would wear away at the inside of the tire. This is funny because his truck is a dually with stock tires. He has a fairly stock 454 up front, and a reverse mounted alcohol Hemi in the back making 2200 horsepower. He used to build multi-engine pulling tractors so he figured he could build a multi-engine street legal truck for drag racing. I couldn't understand how he could avoid the Hemi eating the th400 and the 454. Last I heard it did eat the 454 and the tranny, so now he's putting a 4.3 v6 in it (????).
Anyway, I thought it was funny he was concerned about the inside of the tires, when he punishes the outside with over 2200 horsepower on load range E stock street tires. I daresay the tires will wear out on the outside before the internal balance beads make much of a dent on the inside.

Back