• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bags leaking

496 BB

Gasoline Enthusiast
Reaction score
My rear bags are leaking overnight. Its happened more than twice and thought it was just the temps getting colder but it hasnt been that much different from day to night here lately. I dont think I have a leak as they stay full during the day. Is this normal or should i do something else I dont know about?

When I installed mine, in the manual it said that its normal to lose XX lbs of air in a time period. I dont remember what it was though.

Air the bags up and hit all the joints with soapy water. The bubbles will tell you where it leaks.

i think it's the cold too, if you only have like 10psi in them more than likely it'll evap over night. i would still check all the connections w/ some soapy water.

Its just the cold, I keep my "bags":smile5: at 20psi to keep the back end off the helper springs for everyday driving and when it turns cold they are at zero in the AM. No problem keeping pressure in the summer. Let me know where you find the bag warmer!):h

Back