• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bad "Low Coolant" sensor??

Classified

Reaction score
Wanted to make this a seperate thread for easy finding later on.

My low coolant light is on. I see many have just bypassed the sensor. If its an easy enough fix, I would rather just make it work.

I thought I replaced what was the low coolant level sensor but the light is still on. Its was a one wire sensor on the pass side of the radiator that screws in and is about 4" down from the top right? Its all plastic and the wire has a 90* rubber elbow and attaches light a sparkplug. Is that the right sensor?

I did a search before posting and by what I have read, its not the correct sensor. Sorry I dont have any pics today. Ill try to get some tomorrow.

Thanks!!

Its in your overflow. I think you may have to remove the air cleaner to see it.. I have always by passed them, but should be simple enough to replace

On the 92-93s it's in the rad. as discriebed. No sensor in overflow tank.

Its in your overflow. I think you may have to remove the air cleaner to see it.. I have always by passed them, but should be simple enough to replace

Thats where I started looking first but its not in there. Just the tube and that is it.

On the 92-93s it's in the rad. as discriebed. No sensor in overflow tank.

Ok then I had the right one. I already did replace it. I guess Ill just bypass it, I didnt want too but im sure its a wiring issue and one that I really o not want to track down.

I like haveing them working in case someone else uses the truck. Their one of the few good idiot lights.

did you recently flush your cooling system and replace coolant with water only ?
Last time I did that and encountered same issue (mine is on the surge tank)

I flushed all water, put in a mix of water wetter + coolant & antifreeze, and the light never lite on till

Back