• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bad Injector(s)?

Drago

Reaction score
bro in law has a 1998 chevy 2500 Duramax, it's blowing white/gray smoke. The dealer told him he needed eight new injectors, I'm throwing the Bullshat flag on that. I googled ijnectors for Duramax they run about 700$ as opposed to 6.5L injectors that run 60-80 $ Bro in Law has made some poor finacial decisions, got married for the third time:rolleyes5: I'm thinking of buying his truck , I was wondering if there was a way to determine if he only has one or two bad injectors or if the chevy dealer is just trying rip him off. I have no Diesel experience but I thought bad injectors would spew black smoke

1998 Duramax?

ScratchHead.gif

Pretty sure 2001 was the first year for the LB7.

And yeah, they're pretty pricy to replace.

Looks like rockauto can get you remans for about 250 after core return on a 2001 LB7.

Im not the Dmax expert, but have heard the injectors are a big problem. Seems like my neighbor charges $2500 for that job. Dealer is around $3000-3500

I paid $1425 for my reman genuine GM LB7 injectors and no core charge...you just have to look hard...

somethings not right about having a 1998 duramax... I ordered and picked up one of the first 2001's in early November of 2000

bro in law has a 1998 chevy 2500 Duramax, it's blowing white/gray smoke. The dealer told him he needed eight new injectors, I'm throwing the Bullshat flag on that. I googled ijnectors for Duramax they run about 700$ as opposed to 6.5L injectors that run 60-80 $ Bro in Law has made some poor finacial decisions, got married for the third time:rolleyes5: I'm thinking of buying his truck , I was wondering if there was a way to determine if he only has one or two bad injectors or if the chevy dealer is just trying rip him off. I have no Diesel experience but I thought bad injectors would spew black smoke

Most will say it's not worth the tear down to just change 1 or 2. Save some money and do all eight while your in there..

Back