• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Back with a 6.2

Also, increased fuel mileage btw. Not just me... Others say adding turbo drops mpg. I never saw it and my hiway speed is way above the 2200 rpm choke range. I run at2,900- 3,000 rpm down the hiway.

I would do the turbo first. Why? What if you had a gear ratio of 5.24:1? Would that help you maintain the hill speed? You'd think so, but no. Unless 50 is your desired speed to maintain.

At a weight originally of 6,100 lbs my hummer still lost speed up hills. Now with a factory gm6 and factory injectors both with 65-70,000 miles on them and half a turn on the db2 I accelerate up the same hills weighing over 9,000 lbs. and towing a small camp trailer.

I can not stress this enough- TURBO!

Yep yep. My van would struggle up smaller inclines, always had to downshift to 3rd. Turbo fixed that and now same hills, 4th gear locked up.

Also, increased fuel mileage btw. Not just me... Others say adding turbo drops mpg. I never saw it and my hiway speed is way above the 2200 rpm choke range. I run at2,900- 3,000 rpm down the hiway.

Ditto, city stayed the same but highway and towing went up.

You can keep the A/C by using the aftermarket manifold.

Back