• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Back from the dark side

knkreb

The Bus Driver is here!
Reaction score
Now ladies and gentlemen, proudly on display in the driveway... 97 2500 Suburban 6.5 TD.... 3.73.

Gonna have to refreshen some of these old 6.5 skills pretty soon....

Welcome home, Kevin. We've been here, Chev, GMC, Ford, Dodge, Gasser and Diesel, all along.

But you'll always be a 6.5'er! :D

Absolutely Fantastic. Congratulations on the truck but more important, it'll be great to have your added wisdom back 'home.'

Great news Kevin....Glad to see your back in the 6.5TD powered sub/bus family hauler, it's been a long time commin'.......BTW, how's that 7.3 treating you/

Bus 2 has been a good ride... no problems with it... it's just impractical now. The Mrs doesn't drive it, so it sits a lot. The gas van has had about 1700 miles put on it in the last 2 months. 10 mpg hurts.

I said to a co-worker last week in passing (after he just landed a gasser suburban for his family) that I would love to find a diesel suburban for a new ride. He calls me the next day "you'll never believe what's for sale right down the road." As of yesterday there were 3 on ebay motors in the country, and one with a magic marker sale sign 4 miles from home.

This owner had it since 18k, used Amsoil, kept all the records, warmed it up and cooled it down and treated it well. Retired military that worked with diesels on the base.

The Lord has blessed my undeserving socks off yet again.

Bus 2 has been a good ride... no problems with it... it's just impractical now. The Mrs doesn't drive it, so it sits a lot. The gas van has had about 1700 miles put on it in the last 2 months. 10 mpg hurts.

I said to a co-worker last week in passing (after he just landed a gasser suburban for his family) that I would love to find a diesel suburban for a new ride. He calls me the next day "you'll never believe what's for sale right down the road." As of yesterday there were 3 on ebay motors in the country, and one with a magic marker sale sign 4 miles from home.

This owner had it since 18k, used Amsoil, kept all the records, warmed it up and cooled it down and treated it well. Retired military that worked with diesels on the base.

The Lord has blessed my undeserving socks off yet again.

Welcome back:bow:. Looks like you may have hit the jackpot with the sub:thumbsup:

Good to hear back from you Kevin. I hope all is well with you and your family. Good luck with your new ride. Those 6.5's, they're like riding a bike, you never forget! ;)

Back