• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Back at head gasket problem

Goose57

Reaction score
Hi all, back at my head gasket problem. Started it up to move to garage after sitting since March, ran crappy but smooth out, let it idle in garage for a couple minutes no white some coming from tailpipe like before. Maybe a Gremlin fixed my truck while it was sitting🤔. Not!!! Took will,s advice and pulled the stat. crossover and started it up and boy there was an eruption off coolant coming out Of the driver,s side head cooling passage. Was not expecting that much maybe just a few bubbles. At least I know which side😪. Still have to compression tests (Dry👍). Run my borescope in the glow plug holes on that side, hell if I see damage to the top of the piston or any where else I shouldn’t have to pull the heads, new motor time💁. Still have to pull the passenger side W.well to get to GP holes for tests. Got a question when doing compression tests. Can I pull all of the GP.s at once or only do one at a time And put it back in ( that’s what she said 😎. I’ll keep u guys posted. Thanks Gus.

Back