• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

B100 Biodiesel at 19 degrees

Veg_Out

Walking J Designs
Reaction score
Good thing I put some #2 diesel in yesterday. My fuel sample that I keep in the cab was as solid as candlewax. After 2 minutes heat, look how clear and beautiful it is. That's the good made in USA stuff baby.

Remember to blend in wintertime with a little Petroleum. Just a little Christmas reminder from your local biofuels nut.

Attachments

• IMG_1595.jpg
    IMG_1595.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1596.jpg
    IMG_1596.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 5
Yep, just put a bunch of #2 in the tank this week. We are seeing temps in the 20s this week - and it will gel up fast!

-Rob :)

:D I don't have that problem yet, but a good reminder for those who do.

Also don't forget to check your anti-freeze.

Vegout, do you ever run a fuel additive with your B100? I am curious what a tube of that B100 with a fuel supplement like Stanadyne (added in the correct proportion)would look like at the same temperature.

I'm learning a bit about bio these days, it surprises me how high the gel point is.

I spoke to a rep from FPPF about a year ago, asking about anti-gel additives in bio-diesel and wvo. He said that in B5 their anti-gel could help a bit, but once you get to B20 or higher concentrations it has little effect on gel point. He had no idea what it would do in wvo but assumed it would react similar to bio.

Having started a new job (finally) at our local bio diesel plant, I just learned today, that for an additive to be reasonably effective in B100 - it should be blended in AT TEMPERATURE ( like 180° )

Gel point of Bio-diesel is directly related to the feed stock its made from. I also have heard, that the new ultra low sulfur diesel in its summer form, has the same gel point as most B100. Go figure?

I have had issues with B100 made from 'White Grease' (Animal based) at about 40°. Hopefully I can get my storage tank emptied of that, and I will switch to the stuff we are producing now which is made from 'Yellow Grease' (more of your typical WVO), and hope that holds up better for me.

Been away for a while but I am happy to report that the Power Service Diesel 9-1-1 worked very nicely in my jelled up B100.

Back