• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ATT run vs. HX40II

Like my avatar pic to the right? I've been running it that way for over a year. Should have been like that from factory.

Battery can hit the turbo and ground out if the restraint comes loose plus you have the cable length to deal with and the water being sucked up into the air filter, That is why gm did the air filter and battery the way they did, to stop water and other intrusions and avoid potential fires. Now I know "we" are all safe but most of the general public is not as detailed. But that is my two sense worth.

The Duramax has the second battery located back like your pic has. It is a bad design because batteries hate heat resulting in shortened battery life. The passenger side Duramax battery almost always fails first from the extra heat. The heat coming off the turbo can melt the case down. The heat will reduce battery life, not just from the turbo, but from heat coming off the engine fan. This is why the batteries were located as far up front as they could get them.

Battery can hit the turbo and ground out if the restraint comes loose plus you have the cable length to deal with and the water being sucked up into the air filter, That is why gm did the air filter and battery the way they did, to stop water and other intrusions and avoid potential fires. Now I know "we" are all safe but most of the general public is not as detailed. But that is my two sense worth.

That battery won't be moving anywhere, cable length is no where near an issue, just rerouted them.it's mounted just like stock. I check my mods from time to time to be sure they are working as intended. Not worried about water getting sucked in, the inlet is the exact same location as stock

The Duramax has the second battery located back like your pic has. It is a bad design because batteries hate heat resulting in shortened battery life. The passenger side Duramax battery almost always fails first from the extra heat. The heat coming off the turbo can melt the case down. The heat will reduce battery life, not just from the turbo, but from heat coming off the engine fan. This is why the batteries were located as far up front as they could get them.

I completely agree with you about the heat. People have recommended that I put a heat wrap/shield made for battery's to protect it from turbo heat. I'm sure a turbo blanket will help also.

Actually thought about mounting the batterys off the side frame rails with a custom mount.

I have heat tape on both my batteries and neither has hit the 120f mark, of course i run a turbo blanket, the way the Dmax batteries are wired causes more problems than heat

Batteries hate heat? Did a batterie tell you that? Lol,yes heat is bad, friction is bad everything is bad. Bad bad bad! But I know this; my 13 year old gmc with 6.5 worked all day, and burned about 6 gallons of low sulfer highway diesel, thanks to A-turbo and 4 inch diamond eye. This thread is about the ATT and the hx40. I'm not sure what an hx40 is. I can't believe the fuel mileage I'm getting. I don't even have the truck dialed in yet. I just slapped the parts on and turned the key. How come gm didn't just put a turbo like the ATT from the factory?? Answers please???

if it is possible WW, could you post up both of the dyno runs for the 2 turbos? the sheets at the start of the thread are kind of small and hard to read, i think i seen 176RWHP with the ATT, but i am not sure....thanks

if it is possible WW, could you post up both of the dyno runs for the 2 turbos? the sheets at the start of the thread are kind of small and hard to read, i think i seen 176RWHP with the ATT, but i am not sure....thanks

SO did you ever figure out the dyno sheet? There were quite a few points to look at on the multiple runs.

SO :skep: did you ever figure out the dyno sheet? There were quite a few points to look at on the multiple runs.

are you talking at me? since i do not have the means to make the dyno graph bigger, i cannot really read it well.... unlike some i prefer to actually be able to clearly interpret the information before i make a judgement....

are you talking at me? since i do not have the means to make the dyno graph bigger, i cannot really read it well.... unlike some i prefer to actually be able to clearly interpret the information before i make a judgement....

Right click, save as. Open in new window from your photo editing on your PC. Enlarge. Thats it.

Right click, save as. Open in new window from your photo editing on your PC. Enlarge. Thats it.

Yeah, what he said! I went back and did that a few minutes ago and had them the full size of my screen and easy to see, even WITHOUT my reading glasses on!

By the way, let's remember what Memorial Day was originally all about: Honoring those in uniform who made the ultimate sacrifice for this country. So this weekend while you're grilling out (or not as the case may be, since it's been raining its ass off here since 3:30 this morning with rain forecast for the next two days, already an inch in the rain gauge, just need another 14" to make up for what we're short from last summer's drought PLUS this year) remember to thank a vet.

Hmmm. Don't know what to say to that one. Worked fine on my computer. I just clicked on it, right clicked Save As, then reopened it off my hard drive and then magnified it to 175%. Clear resolution for me. Maybe you need (new) glasses? :eek:

Again anyone who wants the runs and pics feel free to PM me with your email address.

Back