• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ATT oil drain tube cutting

Gekkoen

Reaction score
I just got the ATT i ordered from leroy and i have started to plan the install, but i cant figure out where to cut the oil drain pipe.

where do i cut it, and do i cut a section out or just cut it to two pieces?

if anyone that has done this could chime in it would be helpful :)

it cuts into 2 pieces i believe 2 inches down from the top of the drain tube. The kit will have a 3/4 inch rubber hose (I believe) which will connect the two pieces once you cut it.

That is an engine out picture so maybe it looks different with the engine in? 6.2 heads on a 6.2 block with 2 manifold gaskets to clear the injectors is also different. YMMV.

it will be a while till i can get the turbo installed, as my summer vacation is ending this coming weekend
but i think i have figured it out, i think i was just overthinking it.

and thank you Leroy,
everything has gotten here now.
the only things i have installed so far is the fuel pressure tap and the boost bolt.

That is an engine out picture so maybe it looks different with the engine in? 6.2 heads on a 6.2 block with 2 manifold gaskets to clear the injectors is also different. YMMV.

I looked at mine tonight while changing my oil. about 1/2 of what you have in your pic

Back