• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ATT for christmas

6.5coalroller

Reaction score
I finally convinced my dad about getttin the ATT for christmas well i'll be paying for half but i'm pretty excited. How loud can I expect my exhaust to be since you guys say it'll rumble lyk a 454 I already got 3 inch down pipe 4 inch exhaust and 2 6 inch stacks. Hopefully it'll make a difference and be much safer than runnin my hx-35. I think i'm gonna get an ho waterpump as well and a new oil pump while I got my engine on the stand. Doin feed the beast too.

I ordered a short 4" chambered muffler to put on mine. The straight through wasnt cutting it for me, partly because I shortened the pipe to run out before the rear axle and its 5" after the muffler. Some more bends and smaller pipe would help cut out noise.

When you can hear the rumble of idle inside the house with all the doors and windows closed its a little too loud for me. And I cant order food in drive thus either, without shutting off the truck. Having the stack go up might be easier on this since the noise might not bounce off so many things, except maybe a bank teller drive thru under an overhang :).

lol ya at 1500 rpms now it rattles the plastic on top of the back glass. Gets quieter the more rpms. Rite now I gotta shut my truck off at the drive through too.

YEAH, your going to need a muffler. I think mine is a little loud and it exits in the rear through a 4 inch system with a straight through muffler. Sounds good going though the tunnels on I-77 though, :D especially when pulling a load, it sounds like a big rig.

I'm pretty sure I'm jumping aboard the A-team soon also, need to order some other parts and I'm pretty certain I'll make sure one of those turbos is in on that shipment! (And from what I hear, an extra muffler also..?)

Back