• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ATT Air Intake

Chevypoor

Reaction score
Looking at the s&b air intake for the new 93 6.5 turbo diesel. Anyone tried this intake with the ATT? Does it fit? The AFE unit I had did not- the preformed tube hit the battery.

When I bought the Burb it had an AFE 'cold' intake setup and the GM-8; the AFE rubbed the battery even with the GM-8. Did not bother correcting the AFE as I wanted to (and did) switch to a K47.

Save a few bucks and buy it from Leroy.

http://leroydiesel.com/Air_filtration.html

That was the plan:) Just wanted to see if it fit/ or any other issues with running the ATT vs the GM x. The link was better/ easier than linking Leroys site.

When I bought the Burb it had an AFE 'cold' intake setup and the GM-8; the AFE rubbed the battery even with the GM-8. Did not bother correcting the AFE as I wanted to (and did) switch to a K47.

The k47 looks to be a good piece and I know lots of you run one but two issues. Factory stuff is baffled- if I wanted zero engine noise I would not be driving a diesel truck!:D Secondly the tuna can connection looks a lot more solid and sturdy than the factory fitting on the air box.

It worked fine for me with the GM-5, ATT and the Super 84.

Here's a few previous shots of my Heath (SB) CAI with the ATT.

DSC01270.jpg

DSC01265.jpg

DSC01260.jpg

Note: Using the OEM holes in the fender to secure the intake will result in a slight alignment offset at the turbo. Solution is to drill a new hole in the fender to secure the filter housing to the fender after securing the set up to the turbo. Additionally, there will be a slight gap at the fender air outlet to the filter box if you don't have the OEM ducting (easily corrected with a little innovative effort).

View attachment 42742

View attachment 42743

View attachment 42744

Note: Using the OEM holes in the fender to secure the intake will result in a slight alignment offset at the turbo. Solution is to drill a new hole in the fender to secure the filter housing to the fender after securing the set up to the turbo. Additionally, there will be a slight gap at the fender air outlet to the filter box if you don't have the OEM ducting (easily corrected with a little innovative effort).

Thanks! :thumbsup: The install tips will be a big help a swell.... time to order!

View attachment 42742

View attachment 42743

View attachment 42744

How's the super 84 compare to the other turbos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How's the super 84 compare to the other turbos?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't want to derail the thread too much so real quickly:
Takes about the same amount of time (IIRC) to light off as say the ATT, pulls like crazy until you chicken out. 22 psi is the highest I've been able to get out of it.
Some chat about it on my build thread around page 29

Sorta back on topic. The Heath Gen I (S&B) cleaner fitment is very good with the S-84 as well. So's the new CAI Bill's got out now though I prefer the GEN One's Filter for its size. I'd go dry vs oil in the future though, FWIW.

Back